Where to go from here....?

Fissure

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Where to go from here....?

Postby Wotan » 28 Mar 2018, 09:49

Thanks to all who helped with my previous post, but I wonder where I go from here ?. I have now been on Rectogesic for 6 weeks ( this Thursday coming ) .According to guidelines I can use it for up to 8 weeks. Must admit that most of the acute pain has gone, but it's still a little sore when I pass a motion. I tend to go once per day, regularly in the morning. However, went pm (twice in the day ) and although my stool was normal it was really stinging but the pain went off fairly quickly....I am convinced that while it has helped the damn thing has not healed.
I went to see my Gp the other week with a different problem and mentioned the fissure to him and he says keep going with the rectogesic as he has the same problem !. The issue is when the course finishes in 2 weeks am I likely to get another prescription or do you think they will consider other treatment ( ie, surgery ). is it normal to get more than one course of the rectogesic. 8 weeks seems a hell of a long time to be using the stuff!
Wotan
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Re: Where to go from here....?

Postby patience_and_healing » 28 Mar 2018, 11:46

I would suggest asking for a referral to a good CRS, because I think at this point your GP isn't the right person to recommend what you should do next. I used ointments for months but I also had botox in the middle of that time period so I wasn't just relying on them.
8/16-12/16: Fissure due to antibiotics
5/17: Botox to sphincter, fissure healed
9/19: Trigger point injections and pudendal nerve block
11/19: Botox to pelvic floor
8/20: Botox to pelvic floor in new location.
On and off in pelvic physical therapy
patience_and_healing

Topics: 40