Y-V Advancement Flap/Botox

HELP

A place for informstion and to help others who are having or have had this surgery.

Return to Advancement Flap Surgery

Re: Y-V Advancement Flap/Botox

Postby owmybum » 05 Mar 2014, 03:35

Thanks for the up date!!

Yeh, it does seem strange that he didn't use dissolvable stitches for the whole thing?? Maybe he didn't want to chance any of them disintegrating too soon??

How long have you taken off work?? I really have no idea what time frame to tell work!

I'm glad the pain is manageable....that's very reassuring to know.... But sorry you are board stiff! Maybe you should take up cross words or suduko? Lol... Or fill in on line surveys for money!! Lol

OMB x
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !

Postby asdf123456 » 05 Mar 2014, 12:01

I never really told work a set day that I'd return, or why I need to be out actually. I told my coworkers I have stomach problems and they didn't ask any more questions. My CRS is being pretty easy-going on time out of work because he knows I've been dealing with this for so long, and he honestly wants to see it go away as much as anyone. I work in an office, so me sitting in a cubicle on my butt all day isn't really going to help me get over this any quicker.
asdf123456
VIP

Topics: 7

Postby owmybum » 10 Mar 2014, 04:35

How long have you had your fissure??
R u in the uk??

Hope your weekend was good, and your seeing some improvement.

OMB x
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
owmybum

Postby asdf123456 » 10 Mar 2014, 15:15

Hi OMB,

I am in the US. A little over 18 months. Like yours, mine's from a hemmie surgery that left me with a stricture and two fissures, posterior and anterior. I had LIS done in September which took care of the anterior and the stricture, but the posterior wound never healed. It's about 2.5 weeks now since my surgery, and I'm still more pain than I thought I would be at this point. I honestly don't know if I could go back to my cubicle for 10 hour days with it hurting this much. I see the CRS on Thursday,so hopefully I'll find out more then. Have you settled on a date for your surgery yet?
asdf123456
VIP

Postby asdf123456 » 10 Mar 2014, 15:17

p.s. will yours be y-v flap as well? For a posterior wound?
asdf123456
VIP

Postby owmybum » 11 Mar 2014, 14:03

No..... I haven't been sent a date yet. I don't expect it will be for a few weeks yet though... Nhs waiting times are notoriously long!!!

I believe I will be having a house flap???

On a scale of 1 - 10 how do you rate your pain?? Do you take painkillers?? I'm assuming you are just resting up in bed??

I think 2.5 weeks is still very early days... Considering the location and daily usage!! Saying that, I do hope you start to notice a bit of pain reduction soon!

OMB x
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
owmybum

Postby asdf123456 » 11 Mar 2014, 14:26

Hi OMB,

Do you know where your wound is? Is it posterior midline, like most fissures are?

My pain is currently fluctuating between about a 1-2 at its best, to maybe a 5-6, maybe a 7 at its worst. It's usually pretty good right when I wake up, but hurts most a few hours after the bathroom, and then in the evenings for whatever reason. I am just laying on the couch, massively bored, and was hoping to go back to work next week, but I really don't see that being the case. I really don't care what my CRS says about the matter. I've had this problem for too long and been told soooo many times that it will go away with one more procedure. I'm not taking any chances. I am going to sit here on my back until I see some genuine progress. My job/social life is a distance second priority, I just want to know that I will be done with this part of my life.

As for meds, I took toradol for a few days after the surgery, but have not taken anything for about 2 weeks now. I am extremely paranoid about any medication messing with my pooping routine, so I'd rather endure the pain. I actually had a few days of blood-free poop, but then had quite a bit of blood today so I'm pretty bummed. Like you, this wound/fissure I have has not closed up, even temporarily, since my old surgeon made it deliberately during my hemmie surgery. I'm going back to the CRS on Thursday, so I'll hopefully get some sort of positive news.
asdf123456
VIP

Postby asdf123456 » 11 Mar 2014, 14:30

p.s. House flap is supposedly a bit more recovery than y-v, but who knows really.
asdf123456
VIP

Postby owmybum » 12 Mar 2014, 16:04

Yep.... Mine is at the 6 o'clock position too.

I'm glad to hear you're going to take it easy until its much better.... I would feel the exact same... You've been through enough to not give this surgery it's best chance.

Why do you say your previous surgeon deliberately gave you a fissure??? Surely not??

I am going to talk this surgery over once again with my crs.... There are still some concerns I have about healing. I just can't get my head around it to be honest..... How can making a bigger wound help heal a small wound?? I know it works... I have read all the data... Seen the results on here.... But I think I just need a lot more questions answered before I fully commit. I haven't had an appointment through for the op yet... So I thought I would make best use of the time!!

I hope things are improving on a daily basis for you asdf123456 xxx
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
owmybum

Postby owmybum » 12 Mar 2014, 16:06

Ps. I read that y-v flap has 98% success rate compared to house which was 83% .... So I will be asking why not yv??
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
owmybum