Y-V Advancement Flap/Botox

HELP

A place for informstion and to help others who are having or have had this surgery.

Return to Advancement Flap Surgery

Re: Y-V Advancement Flap/Botox

Postby asdf123456 » 12 Mar 2014, 16:29

Thanks OMB. My fissure is actually a surgical wound that was made deliberately during my hemmie surgery, so while the old CRS never intended that it would be here for 18 months, he did make the cut that I am currently trying to close. He told me as much. I'm back at the CRS tomorrow so hopefully he sees some progress, because I honestly do not see much. I was really hoping I would see some progress by now, so that I can settle on a return to work date. I will honestly get a colostomy bag if this doesn't work, so I'm not going to tell my employer anything about my return plans yet.
asdf123456
VIP

Topics: 7

Postby asdf123456 » 13 Mar 2014, 13:56

Just got back from the CRS- Unfortunately it looks like there was some opening at the right side of my flap. The flap is still in place, he says, but one side is open. He cauterized the area that is open and said it should close up fine on its own. 2 weeks. FML.
asdf123456
VIP

Postby owmybum » 13 Mar 2014, 15:18

That's good news then isn't it?? It's still in place, and will close up. It will just take a bit more time that way I suppose.

Was it painful to make the journey??

I hope you are not too uncomfortable now, and back resting up!!

OMB x
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !

Postby asdf123456 » 13 Mar 2014, 15:56

It's mixed news...He said it SHOULD heal, but I've probably heard that literally maybe 50x already over the last 18 months. It wasn't painful to get there, but he took a few stitches out and also cauterized the area with chemical called movicol, so it burns like hell right now. I wish I could just go into a coma for a few weeks and wake up at my next appointment. Thank god for this website...it's the only way I can vent.
asdf123456
VIP

Postby owmybum » 13 Mar 2014, 17:42

If things are very painfull take some painkillers... Just avoid anything with codeine in. Regular ibuprofen or paracetamol should be fine and non constipating.
I've often thought I'd like to be in an induced coma for a couple of months.... Just to wake up and everything will have healed up!! If only!!!

Hang on in there, you are coping really well!!

OMB x
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
owmybum

Postby asdf123456 » 21 Mar 2014, 08:03

Update: I am about 1 month out from surgery and I still shit blood and my ass hurts. I am chalking this up to my third failed surgery and considering the fact I'll just have to shit blood for the rest of my life. I am going to quit my job and move into my mother's basement until I wither away. I know someone is going to say it's just a month, but I really have not seen one shred of progress in weeks, it is EXACTLY like it was, only the pain is worse. So I'm not counting on this being an improvement.
asdf123456
VIP

Postby suzyljank » 21 Mar 2014, 12:59

Hi. Try not to be too frustrated. It takes time to heal. I had two flaps done with open donor sites almost a year ago. The first 3 months were challenging. I couldn't even drive then because I wasn't supposed to slide my butt on either side so that took a while. I'm doing pretty good but once in a while if I have too many bms in one day the area tends to get sore. I took baby steps and I'm still recovering. My doctor told me it would take up to 2 years for things to settle. For me the incision sites get tender sometimes but my mother gave me a tip and it works great. Just rub a little castor oil into the tissue, it helps to relax any scar tissue. I noticed a difference on day 2. I use the castor oil externally once or twice a day... I'm still glad I did the surgery. I'm grateful someone out there could help me. I make sure I eat a well balanced diet but nothing crazy and I take a half dose of miralax in the evening. I try to drink more fluids although I don't always do as good as I should and I try to take life one day at a time. Hang in there. Wishing you improvement every day Suzy.
suzyljank

Topics: 23
Mood: very optimistic

Postby asdf123456 » 21 Mar 2014, 13:02

Hi Suzy, If I understand the procedures right, the one you had is quite a bit more invasive than mine. I had a simply yv, not two lateral house flaps, so there is significantly less tissue mobilized. Question- did you have a fissure prior to the procedure, or stenosis, or both. And where was the fissure/ is it gone now?
asdf123456
VIP

Postby owmybum » 21 Mar 2014, 14:12

I'm so sorry you are still suffering so much and feeling so down with it.... And who can blame you right?! But I'm going to say it...... Give it more time..... 4 weeks for this type of surgery is still early days. Just remember, a graft in any area of the body is going to be difficult and slow to adhere, let alone an area subjected to daily stretching and contact with poo!
Don't make rash decisions to quit your job just yet, if your boss isn't hounding you for a return date to work, just take your time and see how it goes.
I have to wait till may just to go over more questions about my flap op..... I could possibly have it done by the summer, and I bet you will be well down the road of recovery by then!

OMB x
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
owmybum

Postby asdf123456 » 21 Mar 2014, 14:24

Thanks OMB. God everyone is so nice on this site. I don't share your positivity but I'll hang out on the couch for as long as I can before resigning. My boss has noooo idea why I am out, but they are starting to think I am dying. Going to see that Feingold guy nexr week to see if I'm good on the Kenalog...
asdf123456
VIP