Y-V Advancement Flap/Botox

HELP

A place for informstion and to help others who are having or have had this surgery.

Return to Advancement Flap Surgery

Re: Y-V Advancement Flap/Botox

Postby owmybum » 08 Apr 2014, 04:20

Fantastic! Well done you!!

OMB xxxx

:Rock:
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !

Postby asdf123456 » 08 Apr 2014, 15:20

Just did Session #2. 1.5 ATM, so still a ways to go before I get to the 2.5 ATM goal. Ears definitely hurt a bit on the way down but thanks to the valium I just ignored it and eventually it went away. I'm going to try to go at least 5 days this week. Massive perk to the treatment is the monster dose of valium. This whole 1.5 year long ordeal has me massively depressed and anxious, so it's nice to just sit back on happy pills and watch mindless tv while I am undergoing the treatment. I always wanted to get a learn to go diving actually, so if I can make it to 2.5 atmospheres without too much ear pain, I think that equates to about 50 feet. So once this ordeal is over I should be used to the depth and can hopefully get my diving license no problem.
asdf123456
VIP

Topics: 7

Postby asdf123456 » 10 Apr 2014, 10:33

Session #3 yesterday, 1.7 ATM. It wasn't too bad I guess. This morning there was blood again with the BM, so I wish I could just take my elephant dose of valium now but I'll have to save it for this afternoon when I go for treatment #4.
asdf123456
VIP

Postby SSK » 10 Apr 2014, 15:33

So glad you took the plunge! Keep us posted on how you are doing.

I wonder if I should schedule another appointment with Dr. Feingold and push him to recommend me for HBOT. he didnt see a fissure when he did an exam but I continue to have severe pain that is driving me crazy. Unlike what he said, I DO NOT believe that this is an OB/GYN or pelvic floor issue. I will know soon enough after tomorrow's MRI,but I am 100% sure it is not related.
SSK
Salt Bather

Topics: 6

Postby asdf123456 » 10 Apr 2014, 16:55

Just finished up my session #4. You might as well give the HBOT a shot, but I'm not sure if your insurance will pay for it. The only reason I got mine paid was cause I have an advancement flap that is not healed yet. A fissure alone is not covered, to the best of my knowledge. Anyway, it's worth asking Feingold about it. I am now wondering if I should go back to him and get a Kenalog shot, botox, and cauterization done all at once before proceeding with the rest of my HBOT treatments. That would be an all of the above type of strategy. I doubt he'll go for it, because last week he told me that he would wait six weeks to let my last surgery settle before meddling with more treatments. p.s. he also suggested that Valium can be helpful in people with fissures. In my opinion, this is bullshit, BUT, it does make me feel like a zombie all day which is 1 million billion times better than being depressed that my friends are all celebrating spring and taking vacations and getting engaged while I am on my mothers blogging about my bowel movements. Just saying, he may suggest it if you make an appointment.
asdf123456
VIP

Postby SSK » 10 Apr 2014, 18:20

You are right. He did suggest Valium but said that he doesn't prescribe Valium 'on principle'. Whatever the hell that means. Asked me to request my internist to prescribe it. Ummmm....just to remind you mr. Doc, I haven't been seeing an internist for the last 2 years because guess what? My behind won't let me look past a CRS.
Wish you all the luck with this new treatment. I might bug you for some questions in the rare chance I do take it up myself.
SSK
Salt Bather

Postby asdf123456 » 10 Apr 2014, 19:10

Yep. He said the exact same to me. Since I was already considering HBOT at the time of seeing Feingold, I called up the HBOT to request that they get me the valium in order to calm me down for the treatments. I'm sure they would do the same for you too, and, as I said, I highly recommend it. It makes me feel like a zombie, which blows, but it's better than the alternative. Just to clarify, Feingold had 4 suggestions for me, since my case is not really a classical fissure/spasm like most others...He said low dose valium, HBOT, Kenalog, or also this gel called Metronazole. He also said another flap is a possibility but we'll save that one for now. As you know, Feingold is a real nice guy, and feel free to reach out with any questions for me.
asdf123456
VIP

Postby asdf123456 » 10 Apr 2014, 19:11

**metronidazole
asdf123456
VIP

Postby SSK » 10 Apr 2014, 20:16

That's actually the same as Flagyl ointment and he prescribed me that right after my second LIS. Did nothing for me really.
I understand that your case has ended up being very complicated but I really hope that you find your miracle cure in HBOT. Fingers crossed.
SSK
Salt Bather

Postby asdf123456 » 10 Apr 2014, 20:45

Yep, that is Flagyl, I should've guessed he'd have said the same to you. I don't really believe it's a miracle cure, so I'm not going to jump on it. Thanks for the well wishes. As lame as this sounds, I'm actually a little nervous because I'm going to the HBOT alone tomorrow for the first time (my mom has been coming with me, lol). Hopefully the Valium will keep me calm enough to sit through the whole thing without losing my mind like I did the first time.
asdf123456
VIP