10 days after surgery...

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: 10 days after surgery...

Postby juney » 11 Oct 2007, 12:28

No i dont' think it's hemmorhoids, but thanks for the suggestion. i think i'm just worrying too soon.
juney
King Fissure

Topics: 36

Postby buttgirl » 11 Oct 2007, 12:31

Yeah. Probably true. It's only been two weeks, which I've learned is like mere seconds in the bum-healing realm.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Postby Guest » 11 Oct 2007, 13:00

Buttgirl,
You developed hemmies AFTER having LIS? Are you positive it was from the LIS surgery? Were they internal or external?
One thing that a CRS shared with me when I kept complaining of pain in other areas other then the fissure was that the nerve network in the rectum and anus are very different from our skin, so pain can radiate anywhere in there.

Postby buttgirl » 11 Oct 2007, 13:30

I didn't have LIS. My surgery was to drain an abscess that formed b/c of the fissure. MY dr cut from opening along the length of the anal canal down to the muscle.

The evidence is circumstantial. Didn't have them before the surgery, but got them after the surgery. One in particular appeared next to the cut right after the surgery when everything down there was swollen, so I figure there has to be some sort of relation.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Postby juney » 11 Oct 2007, 17:27

chris, that's interesting what your CRS said about the nerve network down there. sometimes it's definitely hard to distinguish where the pain is coming from, or even to distinguish the difference in pain intensity from one day to the next...especially when it's all you can think about sometimes
i also think after living with pain for so long it's hard for the body to readjust to feeling no pain down there, even after the fissure heals.
juney
King Fissure

Postby buttgirl » 11 Oct 2007, 17:32

Not to mention the mind. Today I feel pretty good and was like "what's the matter with me now?!? Image My arse isn't sore like it usually is" So i have this almost irresistable urge to poke and prod and see if there is something wrong down below.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Postby Deleted User 5 » 11 Oct 2007, 18:05

[Juney said:
I also think after living with pain for so long it's hard for the body to readjust to feeling no pain down there, even after the fissure heals.

Oh, and it's the best readjustment one could ever ask for when it happens!
Deleted User 5

Postby Guest » 11 Oct 2007, 18:11

buttgirl wrote:Not to mention the mind. Today I feel pretty good and was like "what's the matter with me now?!? Image My arse isn't sore like it usually is" So i have this almost irresistable urge to poke and prod and see if there is something wrong down below.

LOL-I am the same way, Chris!

Postby Cheryl » 12 Oct 2007, 06:43

Hi Juney Image
try not to get frustrated.. healing can take some time. But i understand if this is your second time around, it must be hard to be patient.
I dont know if it has already been suggested, sorry if it has.. but in my recovery, i did lots of resting obviously, but also had many warm salt baths, (drying well) also i was totally obsessed with sticking to a diet of LOTS of soft boiled vegies, fish (but not too much deep water fish) and fruit, but again not too much!! Keeping stress levels down is important too.. i used to find that if i got stressed my BM's were terrible.. so keeping good spirits up is important..
sorry if im just repeating what someone else has already said.. but these things really helped for me.
I also used a bit of metamucil too!
Keep us up to date with your progress ok Image take care
Cheryl
Cheryl
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 22

Postby juney » 13 Oct 2007, 10:35

i saw one of the nurses surgeons yesterday who was in on my surgery. she said the surgeon did a "very extensive sphincterotomy", cutting longer and deeper on the opposite side to ensure that it was done thoroughly. i haven't had any incontinence or gas problems at all so no worries there. the nurse said "just give it time" (if i hear that again i swear i'll scream, i'm so ready for this to be over!!!)
she took a gentle peak at the outside and said it's perfectly clean, no infection or anything like that. she didn't want to hurt me so didn't attempt to examine the fissure, although it's obviously still there cuz i can feel it.
she said nothing i do now can make it worse, aside from becoming constipated. i'm very regular with my bm's in the AM and 4 baths a day, plus stool softeners, flaxseed oil, omega pills, etc. she agreed that i'm doing EVERYTHING right. "just give it time". i think b/c mine is on the bottom part of the anus that i can feel it more when i'm sitting and that's why it's taking longer to heal. i have no idea! i'll keep you all posted.
juney
King Fissure