11 months..and counting

A place for you to keep a record of your healing or surgery.

Return to Diaries

Re: 11 months..and counting

Postby Canadabum » 08 Jul 2016, 13:29

So here is the news...i saw my CRS today and explained that since the verdict of "cured" came out about 10 months ago I have had some experiences with tiny bits of blood once or twice a month and a general discomfort or awareness that can be more or less pronounced from time to time.

He looked up there with a scope and said he saw the scar tissue and that I have a papilla..and it is large...enough that he said it could be removed. He thought my issues of any discomfort of small bits of blood were related to the papilla..but he did not recommend we remove it yet. He suggested I live with it for another year and then come to see him to see how it all looks -- of course, if it starts to bleed a lot or gets really uncomfortable I will go back and see him sooner.

So my fissure left me with a nice little present it seems...how thoughtful! Now I will immerse myself in all things papilla to try and understand what i might be able to do to deal with it....any advice is welcome.

All in all I am very thankful that my fissure is gone...it took a super long time and real dedication to diet etc to make it go away...the papilla is annoying and frustrating because i would prefer to not have anything to think about -- that said, it is livable for now and does not come close to the discomfort or pain of the fissure.

Hope you are all well - - enjoying these beautiful summer months.

CB
Canadabum

Topics: 19

Postby randyyang » 10 Jul 2016, 00:36

thanks so much to reply Canadabum
so sorry to hear you've been going through alot, you are inspiration to me.
Today is a bad day, after a month and two weeks of strict diet and without any pain, I saw some blood during BM, actually I have never had any blood even at worst pain 2 months ago. that's frustrating. my major fissure was on 7 o clock and internal, it's quite hard to poop without scraping that spot. so I want to know how many retear or set back did you experienced from the past two years? how long does it take to fully healed from your last setback?

As for the papilla, i have quite experience on that one. to me it's quite similar to internal hemorroid, I had my first enlarge Papilla since i was 12, it's a prolapse one, it flares up every single time i poop, so have to push it back in after, ultil i was 16 i had bad constipation, it hurts too much doc said i have to do the surgery to get rid of it. so I took it, best decision i have ever made, after that I have 11 years without any butt problem until this May i developed fissure. actually, when I go to check my fissure, the same doc who did my papilla surgery 11 years ago told me i have two new small papilla inside of my rectum, but he suggest to not to do the surgery this time since they are too small, so just ignore it. for your case it's strange for me, cuz usually people develop sentinal tag after fissure healed than a papilla, are you sure yours are not sentinal tag? the other thing is did your doc tell you where is those blood come from since there is no fissure exist anymore? so basically if your papilla is not enlarge one to the stage it prolapse or hurt, you don't need to worry about that thing to much basically in other words papilla is sort of growth in my opinion.

keep us posted man
randyyang
Salt Bather

Topics: 12

Postby chachacha » 10 Jul 2016, 08:26

Before my LIS I had massive internal hemorrhoids, a papilla inside and a skin tag on the outside. After my surgery, I still have all of those things, plus three new permanent skin tags on the outside. I will always feel the "pressure" from those huge hemmies after each movement, but it is not pain, and the pressure subsides after about a half hour, when the swollen tissue goes back to normal after being irritated by the passing stool. I would never consider surgery for any of my issues though, because further surgery only increases the chance of more problems in the area, and I dealt with so much pain for so many years that I would never risk anything going wrong"down there" ever again. If I were you, Canadabum, I would be very happy with the way things are now for you and only consider surgery in the future if things become completely intolerable.

Good luck.
Fissure since about 2007
Fissure diagnosed in 2011
Diltiazem for two years - didn't work well
LIS January, 2015
Hemorrhoidectomy December, 2017
chachacha

Postby Canadabum » 10 Jul 2016, 19:28

Chachacha - very wise advice!!! Thank you. I agree that messing with too much down there can be a recipe for trouble - so I will wait at least a year and see how I am doing. If it remains a nuisance then I may just choose to live with it...no sense in injuring myself. If for some reason it act up then I will deal with it.

Funny that it is only now that I can identify my issue as a leftover papilla that I consider myself really healed (even though there is a residual issue). What a long road this has been...but I got through it...hard for me to believe.

Thanks for you wise words - it means a lot and is sincerely appreciated.

All best - CB
Canadabum

Postby Canadabum » 10 Jul 2016, 19:33

Randy - sorry to hear you are dealing with some blood. I always hated seeing that red streak.

My doc explained that often one if the results of an internal fissure is a papilla and I was one of the lucky ones who got it! It can be uncomfortable and annoying...but does not come close to the pain of my fissure.

I too had many set backs...read through my diary and my original posts called "6 months...what to do". Recovering from my setbacks would take anywhere from 3 days to 14 days depending on what I was at in my healing process. Bottom line though was I healed my fissure through diet, sitz baths, stool softener, heat, luck and time!!

Wishing you the best - hang in there, each day, week, month will get better.

Canadabum
Canadabum

Postby Healingthroughdiet » 12 Jul 2016, 19:42

Thanks for your posts CB. Keeps us all believing the future will be better. As for the papilla, it does sound like since you got this far without an intervention that's surgical your body will be able to heal this one too - especially as your surgeon believes that and you are doing well. It must be lovely out there in Canada this time of the year. I live a scorching part of the US. Enjoy your year papilla or not and hope next year your CRS has better news even that the papilla is no more. Come and check in on us once in a way!
Best wishes and thanks for being an inspiration
HTD
Healingthroughdiet
VIP

Topics: 2

Postby Canadabum » 26 Aug 2016, 14:31

Hey All -- I hope you are all enjoying some sunshine and warm summer weather.

Just wanted to check in and let you all know that I stopped taking Miralax a couple weeks ago....and no issues at all.

I've had some harder stools with no issues....still hard for me to believe that I have reached this point.

I still eat really well, drink a lot of water and take metamucil once in the morning.

I would say that 99.9% of the time i am free of sensations, symptoms etc....

I am feeling very blessed having gone through this and out the other side. No matter how you get there...it is a blessing!

I have been away for a while, travelling, camping (more coming up soon) and the like so have not been around as much -- I hope you are all well and getting better each day. In time I will post something in the success area and share the highlights of my story. Anyone new can check out this diary and my previous posts in "6 months...what to do".

All best - Canadabum
Canadabum

Postby Healingthroughdiet » 27 Aug 2016, 19:03

Yay! So happy for you. Thanks for checking in and giving us hope.
Healingthroughdiet
VIP

Topics: 2

Postby Canadabum » 18 Dec 2016, 20:27

So a few months pass and lots of developments. My miralax free life was cut short late September by a sharp pinch and some blood...uggg.

So I went back on miralax and things got better. I tapered off only to have the same pinch in October...back on miralax...then I decided I'd stay on it for a couple months to give myself a full opportunity to heal. Well out of the blue I experienced the pinch again in late November and early December. What?!?

So I was pretty frustrated given I am supposedly healed. Anyways...another unwelcome surprise earlier this week. For some reason I can't explain for. Us elf I think I developed a hemmie-- I put a finger up there part way and could feel a lumpy thing where the pain was coming from..,hemmie, why?? Truth is I'm not sure how to treat it and whether I will now have to deal with this for the the foreseeable future.

So I've been down this road for about 2years...it's tiring and frustrating...but I am so much better than the hell I was in with the full blown fissure.

Just wish I could get off the miralax and be done with the pinches and lumpy stuff.

Thanks all for reading and being so great...

Best wishes to you and your families for a wonderful holiday season.

Canadabum
Canadabum

Postby felix » 30 Dec 2016, 15:19

This sounds like a pain but you will get back to where you were... I have similar issues, months of being ok and then pain, piles and other annoying stuff for a bit. I have learnt to live with it for now. It does suck though! Are you in pain at other times or just after you go?
felix
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 16