2 1/2 weeks after fistulotomy with seton

Fistula support sub forum. Are you having, or have you had surgery for a Fistula? Or are you just looking for information? We will help where we can and are here to offer support, member-to-member. Check out our Fistula Success Stories sub-forum too!!

Return to FISTULA - Are you having surgery for a Fistula or already had it?

Re: 2 1/2 weeks after fistulotomy with seton

Postby kkmark » 18 Aug 2013, 11:23

Diamond
Thank you go the wipes I bought Kirkland moist flushables with aloe n it's large box I m glad I didn't open it n took advise of u guys :)
I will return it n get the one u suggested I have been using Pampers which r not flushable so wanted something with flush probably will do one at a time as when flushed 2 it doesn't flush properly :)
Thank diamond how ru feeling today hope u took off from ur work for 2 weeks...
Kathy
kkmark
Salt Bather

Topics: 3

Postby Ever the Optimist » 18 Aug 2013, 12:05

LOL,
Just reading about the wipes made me chuckle a little...& a little warning!.....
I was using various unscented varieties for a while (the non-flushable) ones and putting them down the loo.
I hate to say they did cause us a bit of a plumbing issue as our drains started to overflow one day & the cause was the baby wipes!! Ashamed to say, I blamed it on my 5 year old at that time!.........
Chronic Fissure diagnosed December 2011
Healed by Diltiazem around Feb 2013
Anal Fistula followed burst abscess in June 2012
2 internal troublesome piles remain & suspected, but undiagnosed, ongoing Levator Ani type symptoms & flare-ups
Ever the Optimist

Topics: 24
Mood: Living life again

Postby Diamond » 18 Aug 2013, 19:58

LOL ETO! I did cause plumbing issues as well but that was when I was throwing out multiple wipes at a time. I sadly don't have any kids I could blame it on though :) that did make me laugh!
Kathy if you think you may have issues with the plumbing you could try disposing of the wipes in the garbage. I know it's not ideal but hopefully you won't have any overflowing toilets that way!
I'm feeling so-so today ...keep thinking I have a fever but whenever I take my temperature it's still okay. Prob just my body coping with recovery!
Diamond
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby kkmark » 21 Aug 2013, 14:23

Haaa ETO oh ur blaming ur little one i guess i don't have anyone to blame :)
I am putting in a cover n throwing it every few days probably my bathroom stinks because of that lol
Hope ur doing good with ur receovery. I have been in pain since my tightening not able to sit properly n today after BM it hurt so bad then after sitz bath i was fine was not sure what was abt if it does the same tomm will call my CRS.
Take care kathy
kkmark
Salt Bather

Postby Diamond » 21 Aug 2013, 18:34

When I still had the setons in my BMs became very painful during the last month. I think it may be the location of the setons.
Diamond
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby kkmark » 24 Aug 2013, 13:10

Diamond
MY ur right I feel better since Thursday probably just got used to the pain n being uncomfortable. How ru feeling hope ur doing good.
Kathy
kkmark
Salt Bather

Postby Diamond » 24 Aug 2013, 16:42

Glad to hear it! Just remember the seton being in there will eventually make things better and hopefully it'll cut through and fall out soon.
I'm okay overall... Feeling more pain these days but I think that's just part of the healing process. I'm seeing my surgeon on Monday .. interested to hear what she has to say! Also, I will probably have measurements done on Monday so Ill get an indication of whether the wound is closing up any.
Hope you're enjoying your weekend!
Diamond
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby kkmark » 24 Aug 2013, 21:59

Diamond
Yes I am ready for it to fall out... Oh I m sorry abt ur pain hope u will do good in few days. Good luck on ur checkup I know how u feel as we r more careful with our area n the doctors probe that's we r scared off. But be positive hope everything goes well.
Kathy
kkmark
Salt Bather

Postby Diamond » 25 Aug 2013, 13:24

Thanks Kathy! Are you feeling more comfortable now - I find that you really do get used to the seton. Eventually you probably wont even know it is there. Some people leave them in for years .. although I know you def don't want that! I do think the seton was a good option for me as it let the area drain out as completely as possible.
I plan to take my percocet before the appointment for sure ... The scary part is I'm starting to enjoy my pain meds too much :) Now I know why people take them recreationally! Its the high point of my day :)
Diamond
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby kkmark » 27 Aug 2013, 20:32

Diamond ur absolutely right abt seton since2 days I don't even feel its thr I am driving now without any hiccups :) but probably the pain will be back with seton tightening again this Friday I am planning to take half day off just in case
Thank u guys for being with me on this journey my hubby being so patientn lovely with all this n u all helped me with all the info n support
Kathy
kkmark
Salt Bather

Return to FISTULA - Are you having surgery for a Fistula or already had it?