22 years still 43kilos and still on movicol a year after LIS

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

22 years still 43kilos and still on movicol a year after LIS

Postby g09t6844 » 14 Aug 2012, 07:16

Hie all
its been a year since my LIS and im grateful to God for the changes. my life has changed for the better, i have never seen a drop of blood since surgery and it feels so good. LIS does help and transforms ur life. However i still have problems with pain certain times when i eat the wrong food, at times i feel discouraged because my diet still hasnt changed from before the op, i still feel pain and get fissures when i eat food like rice, bread and other foods i couldnt take beforee the op, even wit regards to stool softeners im still takin movicol on a daily basis mostly two satchets. I have tried to wean myself off it but it hasnt helped. My lifestyle basically hasnt changed though things are much better. At times i get so depressed when i think of how skinny i still am, i haven gained any weight i gess cos my diet hasn improved. Im tired of taking movicol and i so scared of being dependent on i my hol life. im in my last year of college and i had hoped that since i have had LIS i Would start eating normally and gain weight and stop movicol but still nothing has changed. Am i being too impatient.
g09t6844
Fibre Addict

Topics: 10

Re: 22 years still 43kilos and still on movicol a year after LIS

Postby Strangeworldaf » 14 Aug 2012, 07:20

We're was your surgery done.
Strangeworldaf
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 8

Postby jax » 14 Aug 2012, 08:07

Im sorry to hear that. But I feel like I will be in the same boat as you. I had my anal fissure for a year before I got LIS 2 months ago. It was great but yesterday was the first day I saw a pin drop amount of blood. So it seems that I will prob have to stay on Miralax longer. I was down to 1/3 of a dose a day, so I guess I gotta maintain and increase back to 1/2 a dose. I don't want to become reliant since im only 26 but it seems that its the only thing that will help even on your off days when you werent able to get enough water or ate something you shouldnt have.
jax
Salt Bather

Topics: 5

Postby g09t6844 » 14 Aug 2012, 17:25

hie @ strangeworldaf my op was done in South Africa at setlers hospital, i really thnk my doc is good cos ive seen sum changes but still i wonder if il ever be able to live normally without taking stoo softners. @ jax, think ur still fine to be still dependent on miralax its only bn two months hey, and my doc told me sum blood is quite normal after surgery bt did u ask ur doc tho, i hrd prune juic also helps as a stool softner, thng is as times movicol is hard to come by here so i dnt wan to develop a dependency syndrome bt it seems too late
g09t6844
Fibre Addict

Topics: 10

Postby Strangeworldaf » 14 Aug 2012, 17:38

I am sorry to hear but have a positive mind and everything will be alright. Have you seen any other colorectal surgeon? It makes sense to find a new surgeon and take his/her views.
Strangeworldaf
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 8