3 day post of check, I think my dr is a jerk.

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: 3 day post of check, I think my dr is a jerk.

Postby sailorgal » 28 Apr 2012, 10:49

Hey Melissa,
It sounds like the majority of your symptoms might be moreso from the fissurectomy (removal of infected scar tissue) rather than the LIS (sphincterectomy - cutting of anal sphincter muscles). I had botox with fissurectomy in Jan 2012 - my CRS warned me that i would hate her for the first couple weeks, bcz she said my fissure was much deeper than she originally thought with a lot of pusy-infected scar tissue around it - so, she said she basically sliced and diced me to get rid of it all. as well as sew the fissure up bcz it was so deep (that ended up retearing during post-op week to as a result of her telling me to come off my stool softeners - bled pretty bad and still dealing with that). so, whatever you do, do NOT come off of stool softeners for at least a few months after your surgery - as long as your stool isn't tooo soft. anyway, i hope this helps. but, i have the very clear memory of having break-through pain during my first week post-op as the vicodin would not tide me over until my next dose - i was taking mid-dose ibuprofen, tylenol and several hot baths (as hot as you can take) mid-dose until i was able to get to my next vicodin-dose-time. good luck! it WILL get better!
sailorgal
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 8

Postby MelissaB » 28 Apr 2012, 16:23

Thanks sailorgirl! Sorry to hear you have been dealing with this since January!!!
MelissaB
Salt Bather

Topics: 5

Postby jr2 » 05 May 2012, 19:08

Just wanted to check in and see how you are feeling, Melissa. I'm so hoping things have improved in your recovery?
jr2

Topics: 15