32F LIS Post op experience

LIS for posterior and anterior fissure

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: 32F LIS Post op experience

Postby Amychristine » 03 Jun 2022, 15:33

Thanks, I’m not sure if it’s like partially healed but then tearing open a little or what. I was prescribed a cream again and have a phone appointment with her on the 17th. I’m going to see if she’ll do surgery again. Im wondering if she could even do a fissurectomy with a partial lis at the same time to make sure this thing heals. I guess I’ll see if that’s even an option when I talk to her. So sorry your having pain again. It’s so awful when you see progress then have a set back. Are you thinking about going to go see a dr privately now that your having pain again?
Amychristine
Salt Bather

Topics: 2

Postby missy moo » 05 Jun 2022, 00:44

Yep definitely considering it. Did you have lis or flap?
missy moo
King Fissure

Topics: 37

Postby Amychristine » 05 Jun 2022, 08:41

Oh good, these things are so hard to heal naturally. I had a partial LIS. She mentioned the area was quite tight in surgery so I’m wondering if that’s why this could be taking longer to heal.
Amychristine
Salt Bather

Postby Suffering2long » 23 Jun 2022, 21:58

Hey Missy and Amy,
Sorry you are both still trying to manage these things!
I’m still here too unfortunately.
I had blood today after none for a month. Frustrated isn’t a strong enough word. I’m fed up and so done with the worry and anxiety of it every day!
I tried the fibre bulking advice Missy and it has worked but today was a soft easy BM but still blood so it HAS to be my tight muscle.
Please update how you both are going.
Suffering2long
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 4

Postby Suffering2long » 23 Jun 2022, 22:01

Also would like to add, I wouldn’t bother with the flap. I had it and the muscle is still tight of course as nothing was cut there. The fissure was covered successfully but a new one formed due to spasms and tightness!
Suffering2long
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby missy moo » 23 Jun 2022, 23:15

Hey ladies I'm actually doing well i still have mild tight pain an pressure during bms which is new for me but this has replaced they terrible pain of glass i use to have but i get mostly uncomfortable not painful bms. I still take 1 teaspoon of fiber each day drink 3ltrs of water im still breastfeeding if i wasn't i would drop down to about 1ltr a day. I eat wholemeal everything instead of white and i eat more veg then ever before. Hope that helps someone. I haven't seen blood in like 3 months i still use rectogesic after ever bm and i haven't had lis incase anyone has forgotten like i always do lol.
missy moo
King Fissure

Postby Amychristine » 23 Jun 2022, 23:54

Suffering2long That’s not good that you had a set back I hope it gets better for you soon. Things have been decent for me lately. I am back on magnesium/olive oil and also having chia seeds. Stools are looser sometimes. I’m just not mentally there right now to try more fiber as it seems to back fire with me sometimes. It’s all about that perfect balance and I just need a break from it. I have been back on the cream the dr had me on before and it seems to be helping. We had a phone consult a week ago and she suggested Botox, but I’ve told her I had it in the past and it didn’t do a lot. She said she is not comfortable doing another lis because it’s risky. So then I asked her about it fissurectomy and she said she could do it for me. She said it’s longer healing though. We didn’t get into details but the plan is to keep up with diet and cream see how it goes for now. She did say some people do take longer to heal then others but some people retear the same fissure. I think if this is still happening in 6 months I’ll line up another surgery. I think my chances of healing would be greater having had the LIS to relax the area along with the fissurectomy to remove anything interfering with healing such as scar tissue or places to hold bacteria.
Amychristine
Salt Bather

Postby missy moo » 24 Jun 2022, 01:36

Amychristine i read somewhere that that combo resulted it a more successful outcome. I would have a fisserictomy an botox at the same time if i was you just because the botox will take away any post surgery spasms an help give extra relaxation while you heal then the botox will wear off. Best outcome it helps bridge the healing worst case it does nothing so worth a shot no pun intended.
missy moo
King Fissure

Postby Amychristine » 24 Jun 2022, 09:11

That’s interesting. I know sometimes surgeons will do both and any stories I have read on here have been good about it. Apparently with that surgery there is less of a reoccurrence rate too. I don’t seem to get spasms anymore it’s something to consider. I was thinking I would ask to have a prescription cream again for afterwards to help with blood flow. I was tempted to just book it but I felt from her that she wanted me to give it a little time first.
Amychristine
Salt Bather

Postby Suffering2long » 24 Jun 2022, 17:55

Thanks ladies for your replies.
I’m similar to you Amy in that I’ve had procedures that haven’t fully worked!
My surgeon also feels like more time is best to try and heal before more surgeries.
I’m on nifedipine ointment and have been on and off for a couple of years. It’s a strong mix too but never really works to prevent tears.
I’ve made another appointment next month to discuss what’s happening. I’ll push for a conservative lis. I think that would be enough to stop the tightness. I’m not spasming off the charts and the blood is a small amount so it might be enough
Suffering2long
Proctosphincteranalogist