32F LIS Post op experience

LIS for posterior and anterior fissure

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: 32F LIS Post op experience

Postby missy moo » 24 Jun 2022, 18:30

So we've all had procedures that haven't worked and all had fissures for years. Doctors who say a little more time need 1 day with a fissure at its worst just so they completely understand and i don't know if we can 100% heal without help. I've had my fissure for really 9years had botox twice an used about 10 tubes of creams over the years and I'm not 100% healed i still feel some pain/discomfort and a horrible tight feeling my muscle still freaks out an closes off. I constantly tell myself to relax an release during bms just to try help the tightness. Can you ladys feel when things tighten up an its like trying to bm through a pin hole? I hate that pushing pressure my body is doing one thing but my muscle closes off its like a battle between those two.
missy moo
King Fissure

Topics: 37

Postby Suffering2long » 25 Jun 2022, 05:36

Yes Missy that’s exactly what I’m going through as well. A discomfort and tight feeling. Sometimes it feels like the poop is stuck at the exit. Other days I’m fine but still always uncomfortable in some way. Afterwards I feel burning or a light twitching. Depends on the day. If I’m at work, I seem to be distracted and it feels ok. I’m still sitting on heat pad every day (before and after work)
Suffering2long
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 4

Postby missy moo » 25 Jun 2022, 21:36

Suffering2long isn't it horrible. I had slightly increased pain this am which is annoying. I'm sick of the tight cant fit out the exit pressure feeling. It feels like a blocked exit but its not. I think thats the same as the stuck feeling you described.
Last edited by missy moo on 27 Jun 2022, 01:31, edited 1 time in total.
missy moo
King Fissure

Postby Amychristine » 26 Jun 2022, 23:25

Suffering2long what is a conservative LIS? I think mine was a partial. I hope your able to get another surgery and it works for you. I don’t think it was a waste, it’s hard to explain but I do feel less tense down there. I do know the feeling you and missy are describing it’s not fun.
Amychristine
Salt Bather

Topics: 2

Postby Suffering2long » 28 Jun 2022, 19:53

Amychristine, a conservative lis is the same as a partial one I think. So they don’t cut as much of the muscle. I just don’t want to waste time on another surgery and have to go back in for a full lis anyway..
Suffering2long
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Amychristine » 28 Jun 2022, 20:15

That makes sense. I believe 1/4 of mine was cut. Kinda wish more was done but respect that she didn’t wanna chance it too.
Amychristine
Salt Bather

Postby Suffering2long » 28 Jun 2022, 20:50

How are you now? Do you still feel like you have a tear? Have you spoken with the dr at all?
Suffering2long
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Amychristine » 28 Jun 2022, 23:32

Yes we had a phone appointment because I had a bit of pain a few weeks back looked to me like it retore a little again. Dr has me on a cream and I’m thinking I’ll get a fissurectomy if I continue to have pain. It’s strange she didn’t offer it at first but I mentioned it and she’s like I could do that for you. Then told me it has a longer healing time then LIS. I don’t really care about that I just want it healed for good. I think the LIS did help relax the area but maybe because I’ve had my tear so long the scar tissue needs to be removed so the area is more flexible and heals better. I read up a lot on fissures and sometimes both surgeries are needed.
Amychristine
Salt Bather

Postby missy moo » 04 Jul 2022, 18:06

How's everyone doing? I have 90% good days an a few discomfort to mild pain days so I'm very grateful and i believe what got me here was stretching my muscle with normal to large bms with a little added fiber one serving once a day and eating more vegetables. I feel like I've had lis but only partially done like you ladies so I'm happy but things aren't back to pre fissure days. I'm in a new normal i guess. I hope yous are all doing atleast ok.
missy moo
King Fissure

Postby Amychristine » 04 Jul 2022, 22:10

I’m glad your feeling better Missy. I find more veggies help me too. I have been doing pretty good no pain. Bowels have been a little looser so I might fiddle with what I take again. I found a dairy free chocolate bar that is amazing and doesn’t both me! Lol. I don’t know about you guys but regular chocolate would almost always make me flare up so this has been a nice treat to have. I am also happy that I’m not in the early fissure days as well. Just knowing now what foods really make my fissures worse and not having spasms like I use to makes me feel better. God corn chips were the worst for me! What foods were the worst for you guys? For me dairy, gluten, too much refined sugar, sharp things, too many nuts. Sometimes too much tomato sauce can cause discomfort but not tearing. Stress is a big one too!
Amychristine
Salt Bather