32F LIS Post op experience

LIS for posterior and anterior fissure

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: 32F LIS Post op experience

Postby Amychristine » 29 Mar 2022, 19:45

It could be. I think it has to do with Pelvic floor dysfunction which is the inability to correctly relax and coordinate your pelvic floor muscles to have a bowel movement. So they teach you how to relax and also do strengthening exercises with you. I had PFD with all pregnancy’s. Might be worth doing some physio therapy in the future I know I am going to. You could push for a LIS on the phone on go private. It very well could be a sign. I’m a big believer in those!
Amychristine
Salt Bather

Topics: 2

Postby missy moo » 29 Mar 2022, 20:02

Yeah me too lol I'll start looking into some private places get me a private consultation
missy moo
King Fissure

Topics: 37

Postby Suffering2long » 29 Mar 2022, 23:03

No way! A phone call?! Well I guess it means no physical examination now. Just wait and see what they say. They could still offer lis, a pressure test and they should answer all of your questions over the phone.
I had the monometry test done. It wasn’t painful. My numbers came back very high. It gives me piece of mind that I should be able to handle lis.
I’m a private patient so I can pick and choose dates, hospital location and surgeons etc.. I still usually pay out of pocket but only $500 or so. If you’re a public patient, it should be free. It might be worth paying for health cover? Or the surgeon might be able to pull some strings and put you as a higher priority on the public waitlist
Suffering2long
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 4

Postby missy moo » 30 Mar 2022, 14:31

Yeah I'm hoping i can get a surgeon who works both private an public an do it under the health system for free because if i go private lis is about $10k. I can't get health insurance for an 8 year old injury. I'm hoping he/she can pull some strings. Gonna write all my questions down today an over the next few days I'll also wriye down his answers in the day so i can revisit it after the call. The surgeon who is ringing me is a surgeon from out of town but he only works on public and when i search him i can't find bigger all so thats not a good sign. I do have someone in mind whos well known an he runs his own clinic so well see how i cqn get in contact with him. I'll probably just ring him in hos clinic an ask if we can do it through public. I can't really afford $10k it would be coming out of our mortgage so would be borrowed from the bank don't really want to do that.
missy moo
King Fissure

Postby throwawayyy » 09 Apr 2022, 12:32

Hi! Thanks for sharing your experience with LIS after having children. I'm 24F and had LIS done almost 4 years ago. I'm concerned about the incontinence risk when I decide to have children. Did the doctor say anything about that or have you experienced it?
throwawayyy

Postby Suffering2long » 14 Apr 2022, 18:42

Hey Missy, how did your phone appointment go? Did the surgeon answer all of your questions?
Suffering2long
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 4

Postby Amychristine » 14 Apr 2022, 21:05

Throwawayyy I was never told anything about that. I did have the LIS after having babies though. Curious if anyone else on here knows anything about that. I personally think you would probably be fine, if you were super concerned maybe you could request a c section? Suffering2long I was curious on how Missys phone call went as well.
Amychristine
Salt Bather

Postby missy moo » 15 Apr 2022, 03:32

Hey Amychristine and suffering2long the ph appointment was a waste of my time probably lasted 15mins he basically just wanted to know if i was still having issues i said yes so he said ok I'll see you in person next time I'm in your town no mention of when that will be an i tried asking a few questions he gave short answers i got the vibe that he was in a hurry to get off the ph so we got off the ph. Pointless 1 year for that. This is exactly why i want to go private you get what you pay for. .

Anyway how are you lady's doing?
missy moo
King Fissure

Postby Amychristine » 15 Apr 2022, 09:25

That’s not good. When would he see you in person then? Or are you going to go private now? Sounds like you would get more care going private for sure. Been doing good thanks.
Amychristine
Salt Bather

Postby missy moo » 16 Apr 2022, 01:27

He didn't say. I'll look intogoing private if things get bad again for right now things are ok so I'll put it off for now since in a have alot going on apart from the fissure. I'm happy to hear you're also doing well
missy moo
King Fissure