4th day post surgery

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

4th day post surgery

Postby Guest » 06 May 2007, 21:26

Back to only two BMs today , thank goodness. No diahrea. Did not have to take a pain pill until 4 pm . It is now 11:20 pm . Got up and drove to church 30 minute drive , sat and kneeled through hour long service and drove home 30 minutes. This evening , about 7:30 rode rilding mower for about 30 minutes. Did not appear to give me any trouble.
I find myself still apprehensive about forthcoming BMs. I have not had any real trouble with them since the surgery but its still spooky! Very little blood today! ... a little more itchiness but still not bad or incessant.
Everything seems to be coming along fine.
God Bless All!!

Re: 4th day post surgery

Postby dano » 06 May 2007, 22:01

has there been any of the dreaded leakage? i think thats my[and probably everyones?]biggest fear...do you think you are "on track" to recovery,or maybe "behind or ahead" of schedule a little.
dano
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 13

Postby Guest » 07 May 2007, 06:12

You are amazing! I am glad you have been able to have some normalcy in your days and not have pain or fear of pain as much. That must feel great. Just don't over do! Maybe you can stand on the mower as long as you don't fall off.
Are you going to take some more time off? And by time off we mean to take it easy not do your farm chores!
Hope you have a great week and continue to heal quickly.
Lecia

Postby Guest » 07 May 2007, 08:44

Dano- I just had surgery 1 week ago and have had absolutely no leakage, no accidents, can even control that muscle (though it is sore when I do because of the surgery).
The surgery sounds far more scary then it really is. My dr. said that he has never seen anyone in the whole hospital ever have a severe infection or experience incontinence due to the surgery....reassuring!
Good luck!
S

Postby Guest » 07 May 2007, 10:10

Dano,
first couple of three days bled sosme through the day so took advice of Doc and hosp. staff and stuffed a pad down there in my scivvy's. By fri. that was more of a bother than a help. Since and including Sat. have had no bleeding into my scivvy's. I have had NO leakage or hint of leakage. I have felt urgency, as Suzy points out, and have utilized external sphincter for the job it is meant TO DO. NO problem.
Today, I got up at six and squared things away to get to work at 8 am for a meeting stayed until 10:45 and then came home . No significant pain.
I had intended to stay home all week this week but due to the tragedy that befell us last week we are pretty short handed and I may try to go in for a few hours a day or for a day or two or three. But I intend to take it pretty easy this week. NO WAY do I want to ever get back to where I was last week and for the month before that.
Two BMs so far today w/out any real pain. Just a little discomfort.
GOD Bless ALL!!

Postby Deleted User 5 » 07 May 2007, 13:50

Sounds like you have no choice but to work and not get the rest you need right now. I don't know how you do it, I couldn't have worked any for that first week.
Stress can upset the way things work in your colon, etc, so TRY to rest whenever you can, MB. You need it!
Kim
Deleted User 5

Postby Guest » 07 May 2007, 19:23

Kim ,
You are so right I had another BM about 1:30 and , about 2:30pm my tail started hurting . I was thinking that I was doing real well and that put me on the couch in a hurry. Anyway , I took a pain pill and chilled the rest of the afternoon and eve.
My intent is to stay home tomorrow . Hopefully that will work out okay.
GOD Bless All!!

Postby Deleted User 5 » 07 May 2007, 20:04

Yes, stay home tomorrow and at least try to rest as much as possible the first week and a half. You are susceptible to unintended injury right now, just be prudent. I know you will be, buddy!
Good luck reaching the finish line with your healing!
Deleted User 5

Postby dano » 07 May 2007, 20:23

what started hurting.. was it the muscle,or just like a general pain from the surgery?ive already told everyone that IF surgery is neccessary,im taking 2 weeks right off the bat! ...and what is a sccivy...ive never heard of that!
dano
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 13

Postby Guest » 08 May 2007, 08:01

Dano,
The pain was caused by too many BMs and too much activity.
It would be described as Itching/throbbing along with general aching of the site.
Scivvys are underwear- a Navy/Marine Corps term: scivvys are drawers and an undershirt is a scivvy shirt.