Advice Please

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Advice Please

Postby cherylk » 07 Jun 2008, 12:08

Lecia et. al.,
Feel free to PM me if you would prefer about the plastic surgeries. I had my facelift when I was 56 and bleph when I was 57. I had consulted three other plastic surgeons b/4 I finally had my facelift!!
Cheryl
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby Guest » 07 Jun 2008, 14:06

Hi Cheryl,
Yes my mum was very unlucky in her situation, it took her a very long time to find trust in another surgeon, but she did and I know she feels happier now, My mum is 53. she loved her new eyes too :)
Dear Lecia
Thank you for your understanding words :'\;redbud:
Goodness I think this is my first downer since being here !
I am ready to fall in a heap Lecia, and my plans for summer is to spend time with my daughter and enjoy the break !
You mentioned a heat pad , i have never thought of this, I can try this …it sounds like a winner! It’s the morning bm I am freaking out about without my cream…it has absolutely been my security blanket….Will note the Childs size Anoscope….thank you
Lecia, I am glad you are getting the lump checked out,I agree these things needs to be looked into, I hope the scan goes well
x
Dear Fiss
Thank you, I know you girls understand Image
Yes Fiss I feel like why did my 2 GPs not consult with each other for starters, then inform me! esp as I was only there weeks ago !
I will see what my female GP has to say for herself…..i know I would feel more comfortable with her examining me Image
The valuim sounds a great all rounder Fiss Image LOL...
Maybe its best I look into the valerian, that’s a good tip thank you, the Vaseline is also a good one Image
Everyday I learn something different from you guys, you are all great thank you for being there Image

Postby cherylk » 07 Jun 2008, 14:52

Tabby et. al.,
Glad for your mum. Interesing how you guys say "mum," and we say "mom." As for the plastic procedures, I think one just has to feel comfortable with taking a risk, get confidence in a doc, and then go for it. I hope that you feel better. Maybe you could try meditation as a relaxation technique.
Cheryl
cherylk
VIP

Postby happyass » 07 Jun 2008, 15:10

hi tabby,
well i am not sure how long one is supposed to use the dia cream. i for one with almost four years of fissure agony and hell, was never given anything - i didn't bother to ask and the CRS was i guess confident in not having to give me anything.
have you thought about acupuncture?
it is good for the whole body and while we are talking face lifts, there are such things as acupuncture face lifts.
i know i have these ugly lines/bags under my eyes that i would love to get rid off. they get worse when my face is on the puffy side and well, working out and losing about 40 lbs would do some of the trick to minimize them.
i am too scared of plastic surgery - i don't want to be intubated and much less deal with the pain afterwards. i'd really love to get lipo and a tummy tuck but hell, i'll deal with it rather than the pain........
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Postby Guest » 07 Jun 2008, 15:30

Cheryl ...Thank you Image
I do take time out everyday to deep breathe i know this is important , i learnt this in the early days of IBS.
I am feeling better speaking things through with you guys sometimes my head just goes off on one Image
Happyass
acunpunture ??? please tell me more Image

Postby cherylk » 07 Jun 2008, 17:00

Tabby,
I do the heartmath breathing technique. Also a firm believe in acupuncture which my chiropractor has done on me in the past. I am thinking that my homemade banana bread (with wheat flour) makes me firmer. I am thinking too much meat/chicken is bad also. I am going to try to find a gluten free cookbook as I was reading today in a book that wheat and dairy are often bad for people with IBS and that whole grain rice, oats, and millet are better for IBS sufferers.
To health,
Cheryl
P.S. I am glad that my plastic surgery is done. I am not sure if I was intubated for the big one or not. I know I wasn't for the blepheraplasty as I was awake!! Did your mum make it known to others that she had "work" done? I told few people about it and had it done during my Christmas break (both surgeries).
cherylk
VIP

Postby Jen » 07 Jun 2008, 18:23

Tabby :hi: ,
I am sorry the mean doctors took away your cream! :( I am a nitro addict so I can only imagine your dilema.
If your fissure is still bothering you after a year of the creams, have you thought about botox? Image
Your feeling tight because the creams loosen you up so much and without them, your bum is very tight.
How are you feeling today? Feeling any better I hope? Image
Jen :redlove:
Jen
King Fissure

Topics: 39

Postby Guest » 08 Jun 2008, 05:09

Cheryl i will look into that technique, by acupuncture is this a means of treating the whole body - ie for stress and anxiety ?
My mum was very secretive about both surgerys, she did not let me see her the first time , the second time i insisted that i look after her :pale:
Crazy !!!
Dear Jen
Thank you for replying to me , its not so much fissure pain that is my concern , just that tight feeling every so often and the pinch which we have discussed before :roll:
i really think its a case of that area is gonna be senstive for a long long time, the plus is i do not feel tight today i am going to put this down to the time of the month and also i had a break in the evening primrose this month Image
I would try botox in a shot for my ass and my forehead !! but when i mentioned this to the surgeon, he dismissed the idea Image
I think it is too expensive for the NHS here, saying that thou i have read posts here where people from the UK have had the botox Image
Jen i hope you are doing as well as you have been...
Dear Lecia,
Heatpads !!!! Can you reccommned any that would fit nicley in my butt Image
I was looking at the magetic heat pads
what do you guys think to this !
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Morphy-Richards-Magnetic-Heatpad-75401/dp/B000VLJX8I/ref=pd_bbs_2?ie=UTF8&s=kitchen&qid=1212923055&sr=8-2

Postby cherylk » 08 Jun 2008, 05:39

Tabby,
They are continuing to find that acupuncture helps with many things. I had it to try to prevent needing a second carpal tunnel surgery, but I was too far gone. I think there are different reasons that persons try acupuncture. It's worth a try. The needles do hurt slightly.
Cheryl
cherylk
VIP

Postby Guest » 08 Jun 2008, 06:19

I can look into this Cheryl...Its very intresting !