Advice Please

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Advice Please

Postby cherylk » 08 Jun 2008, 06:48

Tabby,
Let me know how it goes. I want to go back to my chiro to have him adjust my arm/elbow also.
Cheryl
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby Jen » 08 Jun 2008, 08:52

Tabby,
It sounds like we are the same! I just feel like that whole area is so darn sensative. I know all about the tightness and pinching feeling. However, without the pain, and just these minor symptoms, LIS seems to be to drastic of a measure at this time. Image
Can you try a different cream than the one you have been on for a year? What does the doctor say about the pinching & tighness? I really pray you feel better soon!! Just keep being carful and hopefully everything will heal with time! :D
Jen :(+:
Jen
King Fissure

Topics: 39

Postby Jo » 08 Jun 2008, 09:05

Hi Tabby Image
I agree with Jen. A different cream may help you without the itchy feeling. Hoping the Dr. will be willing to try something new.
The area for me continues to be sensitive, its only been 4 months for me (4 long months!). I also have the tight and pinching feeling at times but mostly bleeding and soreness. I don't feel comfortable giving up the nifedipine ointment yet. I don't think mine is so much the fissure anymore but the unhealed wounds from the hemmie surgery. I still regret that surgery!
Prayers for your healing.
Take care Image
Jo
Jo
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 5

Postby Guest » 08 Jun 2008, 09:17

Tabster,
I have had the same problem finding a heating pad that will fit in that area. But the link you posted seems like it could work. I have a gel pack that I can put in hot water to heat it up or put in the freezer to cool that I use. It is rectangular and squishy and fits down there when I lie down.

I think the idea about trying a different cream is great.

I have used acupuncture for my nerve pain and it really felt good while the needles were in. It interferred with the pain signals and gave me relief while they were in but once removed the pain came back. But I am hoping to try it again this Summer if i can find someone in Colorado.

Jo-how bad were your hemorrhoids that led you to get the surgery? Do you think you would have been better just living with them?

Postby Guest » 08 Jun 2008, 11:09

It sounds like we are the same! I just feel like that whole area is so darn sensative. I know all about the tightness and pinching feeling. However, without the pain, and just these minor symptoms, LIS seems to be to drastic of a measure at this time.

Spot on Jen !!!
I havent asked about the tightness and pinching as this is only recent, but i will mention this on Wednesday, the idea of another cream is a good one Image
Jen i pray for your heallng too Image
Now in Novemebr the surgeon was going to give me another cream but i cant remember what it was called , i asked him if that was the headache one to which he replyed yes, so i refused it :roll:
can anyone tell me what is the headache one called Image
and are there others i can try ??
Dear Jo
Thank you for your well wishes, i hope you are doing OK after your recent surgery !
Lecia , I love the Tabster Image
Mmmm gel pad .... Image
Thank you all , you have given me plenty to think about Image

Postby Jen » 08 Jun 2008, 11:36

Tabby -
The headache one is the nitro. That is the one I am one. I have never had a headache from it, but then again I never get headaches! I only get them if I drink way too much wine. I was scared to try the nitro, because of the bad rap it gets due to the headaches, but it was the best thing I ever did. I have been on nifedipine in the past - and the nitro works the best! I would advise it to anyone. If it does give you a headache, just stop using it, what do you have to loose? :)
Jen
Jen
King Fissure

Topics: 39

Postby Fissulyna » 08 Jun 2008, 12:02

Nitro is the one that causes headache , but id does not do that with everybody and the headache itself is very mild (more like sinus pressure type - nothing significant - at least in my case). If it would come it would come immediately and it is also easily relieved by any Tylenol or Ibuprofene. If you are taking any of those for the fissure pain,chances are that you won't even feel your headache at all. Other important point is that headache from Nitro does not indicate any harmful effect of the drug. Nitro is used as a first line defense for heart attack and applied topically to patient's skin for immediate vasorealxation. Patients in the ER are told that if they feel headache that it is a good sine - that it means that IT WORKS Image !
I even used 0.4 concentration and it did work better. Pruritus is possible with it also, but it does not mean that one should not try it Image !
Hope it helps Image !
Best to all !!!!
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby Guest » 08 Jun 2008, 12:12

Image Girls :)
That does help, i think the UK only has the 2 creams then :rolleyes:
AND NO BOTOX Image
Fiss, I do hope you are well :)

Postby cherylk » 08 Jun 2008, 12:25

It seems with everything that is being attacked with lasers (veins, etc.) that a better way to eradicate hemrroids could be devised. As people age, surely more and more people will be suffering with that predicament. We all have great ideas. Too bad we are not in a position to implement any of our creative thoughts for medicine!!!
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby Fissulyna » 08 Jun 2008, 14:41

Hi Tabby : ) !!! As my butt got better so did I emotionally (knock the wood + "imaginary eye protection here" LOL- hopefully our baby - Lecia will come to it one of those days XOXO ). Thanks for asking Image ! I also would like to thank everybody who prayed since I am sure it helped - good vibrations travel fast Image !!!
Don't be so disappointed about Botox Image , it has lower success rate than creams and carries a lot of risk ( I had opportunity to take it and chose not to first and second time around Image). For some people it works (about 50 % and it has high recurrence rate). I personally try to escape any drug or treatment that is not at least 10 years in use to have a clean safety record. Here pharmaceutical industry drives a lot of research and pushes drugs fast out of the pipeline to make huge profits with complete disregard to possible disasters which were many in past decades. So many drugs had recalls after fatalities started popping up - I just stay clear from anything "new", unless there is absolutely no other alternative. But, that is just me Image.
Hope you are doing much better "Tubby" Image and that your spasms are less and less as "ketchup" is lessening away !
Take care buddy :cherries:
Cheryl - yes , many options are there but I don't see anybody jumping on anything expensive for our butt treatments any time soon. They even are doing less and less laser hemorrhoid removals since "price- performance was not there Image - so yeah, until they find something cheep and effective we will have to live with it Image . I guess, only time will tell...
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61