Advice Please

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Advice Please

Postby cherylk » 08 Jun 2008, 15:19

Fiss,
Do you know how long Botox for the butt has been out there? Different area, but I had Botox on my face prior to December 2003, but I am not sure what year (maybe earlier in 2003). I know what you mean about new treatments and their bad side effects. Do you recall what the bad side effects are/were for Botox? And what about the creams? Have they been around for a long time? I hope that you are feeling better!!
Cheryl
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby Fissulyna » 08 Jun 2008, 23:05

Cheryl -Botox is in use for many things for years now- but for the fissure treatment it is pretty novel. Not only that doctors do not agree about concentration of the toxin - they do not have universal placement of the needles either ! You can find many research papers on the net that would give you details of side effects - one of them is death, of course.

Creams are also new way of treating fissures , but the ingredients are high blood pressure meds that are in use for decades.
All the best : )
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby Jo » 08 Jun 2008, 23:41

Lecia,
My hemmoroids were not bad, 3 internal. i was having bleeding from them for about a week. I then started taking miralax and I had little or no bleeding anymore and really had no pain.
:hide: Truly don't think i needed the surgery but the doc was doing the colonoscopy and had brought in a sales rep with new equipment, the ligasure. I believe he was going to use :)!): that on me since it was there, available at the time. He said they bled easily when touched and that is why he went ahead. ha and i don't believe him. He was going to do that surgery because everything was in place and any supposed symptom would do.
Jo
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 5

Postby Guest » 09 Jun 2008, 03:37

Dearest Fiss
I am so pleased to read that you are feeling better Image ..TOUCHWOOD "imaginary eye protection here" !!!!!
The emotional turmoil is an absolute head wrecker i do understand!
As you can see from this post :shock: i did get panic stricken Fiss , it is very easy to remain positive when one isn’t in pain ! That slightest twinge or setback and that hardwork just goes out of the window and the mind takes over ! Image
I am feeling so much more positive today, no tightness and things feel good….Touchwood …"imaginary eye protection here" !!!!!
Thank you for your input about the botox, It is expensive and that is most probably the reason the UKs NHS wont entertain it !
Thank you sweetheart !
You take care too Image
x
I want to thank you all again for the input on this post, from heat pads to the nitro, I now have lots to think about !
I will keep you all updated to how Wednesdays appointment goes…
Thanks all Image
Dear Jo
I am sorry you feel you have had unnecessary surgery, I hope with time you will start to feel better and that the surgery was worth the pain you have to go through now Image
Sending you lots of healing vibes Image
Last edited by Guest on 09 Jun 2008, 11:21, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Jo » 09 Jun 2008, 09:48

Tabby,
Thank you for your kind thoughts.
:truebud:
So glad to hear you are feeling more positive, that is something we all need!
Hope you continue with the good feelings and no more tightness.
Best wishes for your appointment Wednesday.
Jo
Jo
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Guest » 09 Jun 2008, 09:54

Yes, I am so glad you and Fiss are feeling better. A panic can set in that we will have to start over and this suffering will be prolonged indefinitely. I understand completely. My husband has to talk me down off the "ledge" quite a bit.

Jo, that is awful that they did the surgery on you as you weren't suffering beforehand. I remember you telling me about that before but I was so out of it in pain that I just can't keep everything straight.

Keep us posted!

Postby Jo » 09 Jun 2008, 10:19

:hi: Lecia,
thank you. I am trying hard not to become bitter and to think positively. It is hard when you have endured such pain you perceive as unnecessary. Hoping in the future I will look back and be happy I have no more hemmies or fissures!!
How are you doing? Are you still having pain?
Hope you are feeling better.
Jo
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Guest » 09 Jun 2008, 11:27

Thank you Jo Image
It will happen one day this isnt forever !
Thank you Lecia, Your husband sounds as wonderful as mine !
We are very lucky ladies Image

Postby Guest » 09 Jun 2008, 11:40

:mrt:

Postby Guest » 09 Jun 2008, 11:45

Oh, Jo! Didn't see your post there. Yes, I am feeling better. I saw the doctor that did the last operation and he said the area is pink but closed. It still hurts but the pain is more bearable and I can mostly "override" it though some days are really dismal. But overall, I am happy that I got the operation though I had complications because my hemorrhoid problem was controlling my life. But the recovery was such a struggle. I feel like now I have post-traumatic stress disorder. I am just on hyperalert for anything butt related thinking I am going to reinjure myself.