Anal Dilitation

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: Anal Dilitation

Postby Guest » 06 Dec 2007, 20:26

The pain from the procedure has been slowly subsiding (not without the help of some serious medication). I was back at work today, and spent the entire day standing up.
Two things that I'm noticing: first, if the idea was to loosen things up, it certainly did. I can feel a significant difference in the tightness. Of course the main/immediate concern is incontinence, which had me worried all day, but was a non-issue.
Secondly, is the AF, with all its virtues is still there and there has been little/no change in it so far. Of course I wouldn't expect it to vanish within two days, but as the rest starts to return to "normalcy", I am seeing very little progess there.

Postby Guest » 06 Dec 2007, 21:56

Even after procedures, it takes 6-8 weeks for a fissure to heal so I think it is way too early to know how effective it has been. Thanks for checking in and it sounds like you tolerated the procedure well. I would imagine you will have much few spasms now. I know some of us on the board notice less pain/spasms after a regular rectal exam and I imagine it is the stretching of the canal that helps.

hang in there-that is amazing you are back at work already!

Postby Fissulyna » 16 Dec 2007, 20:18

Ughhhhhhhhh, I can feel you pain Fishy : (((. I just opened brand new fissure 3 days ago and can't imagine somebody dilating me - it sounds so barbaric !!!! I don't know what that doctor in DC is talking about - any younger CRS would tell you that that procedure is outdated and not recommended for the past 20 years ( that is what my CRS told me). I first saw older CRS and he suggested dill. - even without knowing at that point anything about fissures and procedures I just run as fast as I could to my car. Two days later I went to young female CRS in SF and she immediately asked me if my first CRS " was an older gentleman, perhaps???" When I said yes, she started laughing saying that even 20 years ago when she was in med school they were thought that dilation is abounded technique because it has high rate of incontinence . So, at least if it can be of some comfort - you escaped that happening to you !!! I hope you are doing much better now !
All the best, :09:
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby happyass » 17 Dec 2007, 18:19

i think you can try anal dialation at home...you'll have to go to the sex shopped buy yourself some varied sized dildos, starting from small to a nice medium sized one and then do some anal expansion exercises with them.
in time, you will have done your own home anal dialatation.
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Postby Fissulyna » 17 Dec 2007, 21:11

You know what ! I read somewhere on some other board (I think Jack's) that one "new mother" got a "dilator" from her doctor and was "dilating" herself daily and even though it was excruciating painful - she cured herself !!!! So, unless we make our anuses large and relaxed this or that way, ha ha, there is no hope for us ; )) !?!
Did Canadian heeler had a success ? I hope so ...
All the best : )
Fissulyna
VIP

Postby happyass » 18 Dec 2007, 03:23

well all i know is that at one point i was getting desperate and was considering going to the local sex shoppe here to get me some dildos for this exact purpose.
but since i've never enjoyed alternative intercourse action, i would have not enjoyed the self-anal dilatation. i can barely get one finger in!
anyway, the canadian healer experience is scheduled over xmas break. the other half is going to canada this friday and i will be left all alone - well not really, i will have pooh and bear and my fishies to keep me company this xmas.
the other half's surgery got postponed for 1/4 in the new year. so i see that as a positive step since the doctors must have not felt it was a life threatening situation otherwise.
in other ball news, my little boy pug, who will turn six months on the 29th, still has not had his testicles descend!!!! i am going to be patient one more month, else he will have to get the special neutering surgery......
will your LIS be outpatient fiss and will you be completely under or twilighted?
happyass
King Fissure

Postby Fissulyna » 19 Dec 2007, 02:04

Yes Gareth, it will be outpatient and I will only have "twilight" and couple of local shots. I hope I will be really zoned out and don't feel anything !!!!!
Sorry to hear that you will be alone over Christmas - but it seems that you will have planty of cute company anyways ; )))! I am sorry that pug- boy will need more difficult procedure than usual : (, but it has to be done , I am sure that you know that if they don't descend they have greater chance of having problems later : (. How old was he when you bought him ? Testicles should be down by 8 weeks definitely. Yes, they go up and down when pup is young , but good breeder checks them regularly and KNOWS if they were down ever. That is how they choose pups for showing at 8 weeks !!! If that breeder didn't tell you that pup has a problem, I would ask for compensation for vet bills - hope you have a written contract with a breeder .
I am going to hit the bed now, can't keep my eyes open any more...
All the best : ))))
Fissulyna
VIP

Postby happyass » 19 Dec 2007, 14:34

well i have learned a lesson in puppy purchasing i guess.
but i think i am glad i didn't know about the balls not being there because despite that, i would have missed out on a great pug. i love my little bear despite this issue.
the breeder was a novice and it was her first litter. i think she would have been like me and not really thought about the whole balls issue. so i can't really blame her. on the other hand, i wonder if she is getting in trouble with the other person who bought the other male, because that person actually wanted to use her boy puppy for breeding.
my intention was always to neuter Bear.
good night fissy!
happyass
King Fissure

Postby Fissulyna » 19 Dec 2007, 15:18

ahhhhhh... I know - that is what breeders like that count on - you fall in love and than deal with whatever problem arise : (. I actually hope that the other lady got a pup with same problem since the trait is inheritable and one should not breed pups from the litter that has congenital problems. Also, nobody should breed dogs "for hobby" without doing extensive lineage research and doing thorough genetic testing as well as checking x-rays of hips and for eye problems as well , not to mention heart etc. I know that you are responsible guy and that you intended to neuter but he will have much more complicated procedure than "normal" pup, and you will pay much more for it.You might chose him even with all of this "out on the table" - but I think it would be than more fare to you. I I wish your pup speedy recovery and many, many years of fun with you : )))!!! He is CUTE as cute can be !!!!!
:(9: :12:
Fissulyna
VIP

Postby Guest » 22 Dec 2007, 11:04

The procedure gets a bad rap because the way it used to be done was a lot more art than science. The doctor would use his hands to manipulate the area and do the dilatation, but the way it was done and the amount of time depended on each doctor.
With the new procedure, they clarify that it's a "Calibrated" anal dilatation. And it isn't done by hand... sure it's done with a set of tubes that looks like something out of a gruesome sci-fi movie, but what they do is gradually dilate and they do it for 6 minutes.
The procedure is done under sedation AND local anesthesia, so based on that I wouldn't rush to my friendly neighborhood sex shop to buy the "Anal Intruder" just yet...