Anal Dilitation

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: Anal Dilitation

Postby Guest » 03 Jan 2008, 22:49

Thanks everybody...
To answer the questions posted above:
- no pain whatsoever, just some irritation. that of course doesn't mean that I don't break into a cold sweat every time I go to the bathroom.
- my procedure was performed by Dr. Aronoff here in NYC. Based on what I read at Dr. Sohn's website, I would say their approach is the exact same one.

Postby juney » 03 Jan 2008, 23:15

Steve - i totally understand how you're feeling. After 18 long months, 2 surgeries, etc etc i feel like i'm in the same boat - like no procedure, no supplements, nothing will ever heal my fissure. Some days it feels better, some days i feel like it'll be my curse for life. I guess once you've suffered as long as most of us have it becomes more about learning how to deal with it and manage it, and make the most of the good days that we have. Eventually it seems most people end up healing somehow and that's all we can hold on to. sighhh. just takes a lot of patience!
juney
King Fissure

Topics: 36

Postby val » 04 Jan 2008, 10:17

Hey, Lecia,
I know where you're coming from-I've done the same as you-I can't take any supplements and my surgery is next thursday, and I thought what the hell and had some toffees last night-only4 but wow they were great. And I went out today, in spite of the pain, because I wanted to take my son out and have some fun if I'm gonna be laid up for a while-and I actually feel better!
A big lorry has just rammed into the side of me and written yet ANOTHER car off(5 in a year now-I'm cursed!) but its just a car!!
So, I think perhaps your state of mind is important for healing too.
Are you baking cakes in your picture? My son loves cooking too!
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby buttgirl » 04 Jan 2008, 10:58

I definitely think that stress is related to my rear problems. i had not poblems during the holidays. I even traveled, drank alcohol and ate spicy foods. Plus, I drove in a car for 6 hrs each way. I was just waiting for the pain. BUT every day i felt like as was healing. However, day 2 of being back in town and doing the usual work grind, and my rear started burning and throbbing. BAck to the old routine, in more ways than one.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Postby Guest » 04 Jan 2008, 14:46

We all need a butt holiday don't we?

Dang, Val, I can't believe the luck you have. I am so glad you weren't hurt though.

We are making french toast in the photo. Anything that has to do with cracking eggs and my littlest in all over it!

Postby val » 04 Jan 2008, 15:27

she looks so much like you-you look like twins!
Mine likes flour-it usually ends up in a flour fight and I always come off worst-although the kitchen is a close second!
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby mypoopyhurtsme » 05 Jan 2008, 00:12

Hey, Gareth! Good to hear from you. Yeah, I was pretty relaxed during the holidays -- out in Michigan. I definitely think stress can cause problems. For instance, today I worked for about 18 hrs straight, came home, went poopy, and it was a bloody mess -- it looked like freddy krueger was unleashed on my butt (even though I ate like a saint yesterday). Not too much pain though, which I'm thankful for. Yes, positive thinking is important if I have a procedure done, I'm just not gonna get my hopes up too much (they've been dashed too often with this stupid thing -- that's the most tiring part of it all).
Lecia, yeah, I definitely haven't exhausted my options. I'm going in for botox on Thursday. Worth a shot (no pun intended). Sorry to hear you need surgery -- you'll be in my thoughts. Glad to hear you're enjoying a little pre-op freedom though.
Fishy, thanks, I know Dr. Aronoff and I'm pretty certain it's exactly the same procedure too. I believe they're affiliated.
Juney, thanks for the words. Hope you heal soon...and hope everyone else is feeling better too.
mypoopyhurtsme
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 21

Postby Guest » 05 Jan 2008, 13:23

Good luck with the botox on Thursday! This seems to be a pretty busy week for all of us. Val has her surgery on the 10th and mine is on the 11th.

Postby Fissulyna » 05 Jan 2008, 14:44

Oh Boy : ))) ! I am so excited for you guys and at he same time anxious !!! I will pray every day that all procedures go smooth and lead to complete recovery. I already bought vigil lights that will burn for 7 days . I will lit them on 9 th ! Any favorite Saints that you want me to mention as your patrons ?
LOVE YOU XOXOOOOOOOooooo.....
PS: STEVE, I really hope that you will finally find relief : (. You went through so much too. It was very brave of you to try those unusual techniques. I would freak out - really ... They would be chasing me down the corridors with those dilators and would not catch me in million years !!!! Do you know that there is alternative to that - I found it yesterday on the net - that they do dilation using fingers so that they feel when sphincter "gives in" and stop stretching . THAT I might conceder if knocked out completely !!!
Good luck with BOTOX - in combo with dilation it might be the final solution for you !!!! : )
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby mypoopyhurtsme » 05 Jan 2008, 19:26

Thanks Fissulyna! I actually have not had the dilatation done yet... I'm still just considering it. I may have it done if the botox doesn't work.
Yeah, I've read about the "finger" method, but from what I understand, it is a much less precise procedure, and therefore potentially more risky.
I hope you heal soon too! Sounds like you've been through all sorts of tough times.
mypoopyhurtsme
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 21