Anal Fissure for 10 yeArs.

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: Anal Fissure for 10 yeArs.

Postby hicham1984 » 16 Mar 2011, 19:20

hello everybody
i suffer from AF for almost 10 years old now.sometimes the pain disapear and then it appeared again i'm really suffering besides i'm afraid to see the doctor.by the way at the begening it was bleeding when i poop but recently the blood stoped but the pain still exist especially when i walk or i sit.please my friends give me a hand
hicham1984

Topics: 1

Postby hicham1984 » 16 Mar 2011, 19:25

my wife saw it said that it is like a piece of meat extra in my anal area.please i beg u help me what i have to do.last time i visited a doctor he said that i need a surgery but i'm afraid to make things more worse especially that my situation is old.10 years old
hicham1984

Topics: 1

Postby alpinestrawberry » 16 Mar 2011, 19:58

Hicham,
I know this is scary...:(
But, you have to ask yourself if it's going to get better on its own? After ten years, I think you're going to need some help from a doctor to get it healed.
You can take stool softeners like Miralax/Movical, not sure where you are? This product has different names in different places. There are also some ointments you can use to help relax the muscle.
The 'extra piece of meat' your wife saw is probably a skin tag, your body develops this to help protect the fissure from further tearing. If it is a skin tag, it's just another sign of how chronic the fissure is. I don't want to discourage you, but your doctor is probably right about needing surgery. There are lots of surgery experiences you can read about on here, and most are positive.
I've had my fissures for five years and am getting surgery next week. I think there is hope even for someone who's had fissures for a long time...there have been members here who had fissures even longer than ten years, and got them healed through surgery.
Hang in there. Try to find a good doctor...believe me I know how painful and embarassing this is...I am pretty shy about having my butt looked at, but I decided that I would fix this problem NOW no matter how shy I felt because it's destroyed my quality of life. It isn't worth trying to live with it when it can be fixed.
Best wishes!
alpinestrawberry
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 17

Anal Fissure for 10 yeArs.

Postby Elphie » 16 Mar 2011, 22:02

Warm baths, sometimes 20-30 min to relax that muscle, I sit on a heating pad on a firm chair most of the time, I take muscle relaxants and ibuprofen which takes the edge off. Most of us have learned how to manage our pain while waiting for treatment but it's hard to eliminate. Nifedipine works for some but you definately have to see a doctor for this. I am also on the verge of surgery, I've been using nifedipine for almost 1 year, had Botox, which didn't help, now I want surgery.
The advice I have picked up here as well as the support have helped me alot in a short time, I feel armed and ready to take this on now. I hope it all helps you and that you get a fast fix!
Mary
Elphie
Fissureologist

Topics: 10