Any advices of what to do or not to before colonoscopy ?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Any advices of what to do or not to before colonoscopy ?

Postby val » 20 Aug 2008, 03:33

Yes, GOOD LUCK FISSY!!! Hope everything goes well. Let us know how it goes Image Image Image
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby Jo » 20 Aug 2008, 07:20

Fissy,
Hope you are doing OK.
Jo
:sprinkleheart:
Jo
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 5

Postby Guest » 20 Aug 2008, 07:33

Good luck with the prep and scope. I'll be thinking about you!

:arwen: Image

Postby Fissulyna » 20 Aug 2008, 14:28

Awwwe buddies - you remembered Image I do not remember anything more - my brain is in some self induced self preservation mode - filters only basic survival informations LOL- time to sleep, time to eat, time to poop, time to go to the doctor and "what was the time again" LOL ???
I started my day by having naturally occurring diarrhea that woke me up at 7 am and repeated itself at noon. I used Charyl's mind-body connection and induced natural cleansing Image - read "I am a nervous wreck and I shit my pants when I am" Image
Anyhow - called the nurse to ask if I need those 2 Bisacodyl tablets that are poop stimulants since I already pooped twice and a LIQID !!! She showed some mercy and told me that I take one - OK - I did. Now I have to wait 6 pm to start drinking gross liquid and am wondering which flavor to put in - I have option of Orange, Lemon and Cherry Image I do not think it will make it any more palatable for me since I am scientifically proven to be a "super-taster" , which means that I can detect tastes thatmost people can not at all- so it will be FUN Image I just hope I will not puke Image . I will spend time until 6 PM drinking Gatorade and baby electrolyte drinks so I do not come into misbalance there and have some bad reaction Image . My belly is again rumbling and I think that I will be cleansed before the actual "cleansing" time Image - and would have that G factor just for FUN YEAYYYY Image .
I am so exhausted, and it is good since I will sleep like a log tonight and jump on that table again- happy to get over with it all !!!! I just wonder Image , why he did not cut my tags same day if all is looking fine ??? Why would I need to go through same stuff next week again Image , wouldn't it be logical ??? Or maybe once when he has that alien probe in his hands he gets into the groove and just probes us one by one like on manufacturing lane Image .
Anyway, thank you my dearest friends for asking Image - your Fissy is still kicking (in PJs LOL) If you want to imagine me - I have a long sleeve lilac cotton top and white cotton bermudas with green busses on which light blue "OLD NAVY" is printed. And, to complete the amassable have light blue and white fuzzy sox and brown leather clogs !!! Very sexy indeed Image .
I will keep you posted as long as I can Image
LOVE YOU ALLLLLLLLLL....... :sprinkleheart:
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby Guest » 20 Aug 2008, 17:02

Wow-I can't believe your body decided to jump start the process. I am glad your nurse let you cut down on the pills. How is the pooping going? When will it end? Do you get much of a break in between going? Are you hungry at all?

You deserve a big reward for going through all this. Maybe a good meal, some new clothes to replace your sexy pooping outfit?

Postby Jen » 20 Aug 2008, 17:09

How is the ppoping going fiss??? I have been thinking about you drinking the G stuff today. I am sure you figured out the flavors are way too nasty to ingest!
Let us know how its going and don't worry about tomorrow - remember I want to trade with you! Image
Jen
King Fissure

Topics: 39

Postby Fissulyna » 20 Aug 2008, 18:15

Hey guys Image ! Just pooped fifth time today and I did not even start with the Golithely Image Image !!! It is already yellow and clear with a few specks of "something" , more like some mucous particles Image !!! I definitely have the strangest digestive system in this world Image - really - who on earth can have "natural cleansing" just like that Image I will start with G-stuff at 6 pm (that is what they told me). I will probably poop to no end :( :( :( if this is indication of how my day started Image ! I am putting vaseline and A+D cream every time I go - so far minimal burning, but a lot of "needle poking" pain afterwords when I sit down. I never had that kind of pain and it actually started yesterday - more like aching :roll: and fleshing pains. Oh well - weird butt - what can I do Image ??? My whole
tummy is starting to cramp an hurt a little, but nothing major (knock knock knock ). Only 50 more minutes :( and real torture will start...
Did anybody try holding a mint chewing gum in the mouth while drinking this nastiness ??? I don't want to try something that will make it even worse Image
Thanks buddies for asking :truebud: !!! I am not hungry baby -Lecia since I feel sick to the stomach. I only drink tea and Gatorade : (.
Fissulyna
VIP

Postby cherylk » 20 Aug 2008, 18:40

Good luck, Fissy! I asked my minister friend (Dwight) to pray for you and Lecia for tomorrow's procedures/appointments. Soon you will be done. Hope you get a good night's rest!!
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby Fissulyna » 20 Aug 2008, 18:46

Thank you so much Cheryl Image Image !!! Just downed my first glass Image - imagined it was a broth with bad recipe - like it is only water , salt and parsley Image . 5 more minutes and another one is due Image - I think it will be like 10 of them judging how slow water goes down in that container Image
Fissulyna
VIP

Postby Guest » 20 Aug 2008, 18:46

Maybe take a valium or you probably can't take meds either? Well, there is always that cig you and Tabby were talking about.

I wish you didn't have to take the golightly. It seems like overkill at this point. Why can't they just have you swallow a camera?