Anybody who had LIS with IBS. Please advice.

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Postby kpain » 09 Mar 2014, 19:03

I am dealing with a 4 month old fissure that is causing me lot of burning sensation upto 4 to 6 hours. I am considering LIS to get this fully healed. I think I have mild form of IBS i.e. I need to have 2-3 BMs a day for complete evacuation. It's been like this even before I had the fissure. I usually do not have the standard symptoms such as abdominal pain or constipation or diarrhea. But I always end up going 2-3 times a day. If I eat healthy foods before, stools are usually formed and normal. If carelessly eaten, experience mild constipation or diarrhea. My CRS thinks I should do OK with these symptoms if I have LIS.

I am bit hesitant considering my condition. With risk of incontinence stated for LIS, I am not sure how much this will affect people suffering with IBS or for someone who goes 2-3 a day. Anybody who had LIS with IBS. Please advice. Thanks!
kpain
Fibre Addict

Topics: 7

Re: Anybody who had LIS with IBS. Please advice.

Postby kpain » 13 Mar 2014, 10:31

I am bumping this thread for answers. Anybody with similar condition, please advice. I am 35 years old male and I hear that IBS may not be an issue in males if they undergo LIS. Thanks!
kpain
Fibre Addict

Topics: 7