Appointment update...

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Appointment update...

Postby StevePain » 25 Mar 2010, 15:09

Hi NG, at this stage i'll do whatever it takes, I don't care if they sew my a$$hole up permanently, this bum thing is so physically demanding it's no wonder i've now got depression, it's worse than that though, I can't get any A/D's from my doc because according to him they won't solve the underlying problem (my fissure), so he told me to come back in 4 weeks to see if the dilt has healed me then he'll think about treating the depression!! I'm also wondering if the dilt is making me depressed as well, i've been over-using it and it could be a side effect.
StevePain
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Postby cherylk » 25 Mar 2010, 15:13

Steve,
I don't think depression is a side effect of dilt, but maybe I'm wrong. I think a fissure (with its ups and downs) can easily be a cause of depression and anxiety!!! (is it going to hurt, sting, burn, ache, or do all of those things) I did want to mention that my friend Dwight asked about you and NG today when I spoke with him! I don't think an A/D can solve the underlying problem of an AF, but it sure could make you feel better while you are waiting for the (expletive) thing to heal!!
Last edited by cherylk on 25 Mar 2010, 18:27, edited 1 time in total.
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby Fissulyna » 25 Mar 2010, 18:07

I have to agree with Cheryl !
Any chronic pain can cause depression - I mean - it is a well known fact !!!!
If you think you need something to help you along than you should definitely take something - why suffer so much ??? :(
Is your dr. who refused your anti-depressant a GP or CRS ???
Anyways - he/she is not the only doctor you can see ! Stupid comment - A/D won't heal a fissure - DOUGH !!!!!!!!!???? REALLY ??????
So they are doing nothing extraordinary to help you with a fissure and also expect you to be all dandy and happy in your pain !??
Doctors are really sometimes retards - Image
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 26 Mar 2010, 01:02

Hey Steve, any chance you can see a different doc? I really don't see why they wouldn't give you antidepressants. I've personally seen a bunch of different doctors for various things (ranging from peripheral neuropathy to the fissure) over the last two years and none of them have been shy about offering antidepressants. I've been given tricyclic antidepressants and also SSRIs. Most of them I don't even end up using, because I don't feel like I really need them, but that doesn't stop doctors from writing prescriptions for them :roll:
I'm with Fiss and Cheryl, I just don't follow your doc's logic. Sure the antidepressant won't heal the fissure, but it would at least help with other things! Is it hard to consult with another doc at all? It just seems so silly.
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Postby StevePain » 26 Mar 2010, 08:25

Thanks for the replies, I'm going to book an appointment with a different doc, it's so obvious that some docs don't understand the mental anguish associated with butt issues and most aren't even bothered to listen, even I know that A/D's won't cure the damn fissure, but they'll sure help with my very low moods..
StevePain
King Fissure

Postby StevePain » 31 Mar 2010, 07:24

Update...
I've received a letter from the hospital this morning with a new appointment (Friday 9th April @ 14:00) this is much better than the old appointment on the 11th august which has now been cancelled, it's taken a few phone calls to get it though, and it's with the same CRS that I saw in march so hopefully i'll get it sorted out one way or another, i'm actually hoping I get an extended stint on the Diltiazem as i've had some relief using that, otherwise i'm having an op...
StevePain
King Fissure

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 31 Mar 2010, 10:57

Nice, good stuff Steve! So during this upcoming visit, you can request to be scheduled for LIS, or is it kind of a general checkup to see how healing is or isn't going?
I'm personally leaning more strongly toward pulling the trigger on LIS now, had a setback this morning after weeks of blissful uneventfulness. Probably going to cancel my CRS appointment next week, just give the diltiazem another 2-3 weeks, and then schedule the LIS if nothing changes still.
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Postby StevePain » 31 Mar 2010, 14:12

This is a 6 week check up (close to 6 weeks) if nothing has improved I will be called back for an indepth examination under anaesthetic and the problem(s) found during that will be rectified, so it's looking like i'll get LIS and god knows what else in the near future unless the Dilt has started the healing process, saying that I do feel a bit different down there from using the Diltiazem, definitely noticed a "slackness" from the sphincter and less pain after BM.
NG, I wouldn't pull the trigger on LIS, I think putting it off is only prolonging the problem, the way I see it is, the sooner I get it done then the sooner I can start living again, it makes sense! I'd go for it NG, hell i'd go and have it at the same time as you if I could, if that'd make you feel any better, just think about it buddy Image
StevePain
King Fissure

Postby cherylk » 31 Mar 2010, 14:52

You two could be roommates in the hospial together, yet separated by a pond!!
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby StevePain » 31 Mar 2010, 15:30

LOL cheryl, a BIG pond at that! Image
StevePain
King Fissure