Appointment update...

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Appointment update...

Postby StevePain » 04 Apr 2010, 04:33

Update...
I can't believe it... They've cancelled my appointment for a third time, now i'm getting pi$$ed, they have changed the date to the 28th april, I know it aint much longer but it's the messing about that's getting to me, that's the NHS for you, they enjoy messing people around, i'm now hoping that this date is gonna stick, and now tbh I just want LIS, i'm sick to death of the whole thing, if I could, I would have LIS right now...
StevePain
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Postby cherylk » 04 Apr 2010, 06:50

That just stinks, Steve! An AF can really affect one's life. There's no denying that!!
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby StevePain » 18 May 2010, 14:36

Well i've had my appointment at last (after 5 cancellations) my CRS examined me but it was too painful to proceed so he consulted with his colleague and they both agreed that I needed surgery, I will be done as a day case which means I should be in and out the same day, whatever the surgeons come across will be dealt with while i'm under anaesthesia, that's what they say so all being well in a couple of weeks i'll know for sure what was lurking inside my rectum (besides the fissure) all I can do now is wait...
StevePain
King Fissure

Postby cherylk » 18 May 2010, 14:45

Steve,
How have you been feeling lately?????????
cherylk
VIP

Postby StevePain » 18 May 2010, 15:31

Cheryl, despite my recent setback from the Diltiazem i'm feeling pretty good, I have many good days, much more than I used to, nevertheless i'm going for the surgery, it's the end game and the best way forward I feel
btw, I really think that positive affirmations have helped me a lot, FYI i've posted a link on the website and references thread, it could be helpful to many..
StevePain
King Fissure

Postby cherylk » 18 May 2010, 16:05

Steve,
I will check out that thread/link about positive affirmations. All of that goes along with the MIND/BODY connection!!!! Reiki is another avenue to try if you can find a Reiki master who gives treatments!!
I'm glad to read that you have been feeling better!!!
cherylk
VIP

Postby StevePain » 01 Jul 2010, 06:09

Just a quick update..
Received a letter from the hospital this morning stating that i'm scheduled for surgery on the 29th July, I feel like i've been waiting for ever, the time has come where I can actually find out what the hell is going on in there, for the past month i've been relatively pain free, then suddenly BANG!! that uncomfortable feeling is back, sadly i'm back on the Diltiazem for now, but i'm using a very small dose so I can avoid the dreaded itch, remaining optimistic as ever and looking forward to a permanent solution in the very near future, whatever happens i'll keep you updated.
Steve
StevePain
King Fissure

Postby cherylk » 01 Jul 2010, 07:06

Sorry to read about your relapse, Steve! Image At least you have a date now for your surgery. Keep thinking positive thoughts. I'll say prayers for you to get back on track and will share your update with Dwight (I talk to him daily). Please send any good healing, positive thoughts towards my son Lance, who continues to heal from his finger surgery of 10 days ago for his MRSA cellulitis. I'm trying my best to stay positive myself about the whole ordeal of his infection and subsequent surgery (debridement, culture, and drainage)!
cherylk
VIP

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 02 Jul 2010, 11:37

Good stuff Steve. Glad you finally got a date :)
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Postby StevePain » 03 Jul 2010, 03:37

Thanks cheryl and NG, i'll certainly send some healing thoughts to lance, staying positive is always testing at difficult times but we must continue with the positive thinking, the power of the mind is awesome
StevePain
King Fissure