Appointment update...

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Appointment update...

Postby cherylk » 10 Jul 2010, 06:55

Well, Steve, at least you have a surgery date! I think all of us get nervous right b/4 surgery. That's completely normal!! (at least for me it is) Be sure to remind us of the date as it approaches, and I'll share it with Dwight also. Too bad he doesn't have time to be a chaplain/pastor in residence here on our little AFSF!!
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 21 Jul 2010, 00:55

Hey Steve, I wanted to wish you the best for your surgery next week just in case I don't catch you before then! I haven't been online much lately but I'll try to check back in the days afterward to see how you're doing. Make sure to come back here and tell us how everything went when you're all loopy on painkillers :)
Here's to 9 days left until you get your ass back!
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Postby dee » 21 Jul 2010, 02:17

good luck with your surgery!
i hope your as happy with it as i am....ahhh freedom :o)
speaking of freedom...for our twelfth wedding anniversary my husband and i went to the top of the gateway arch in st. louis, mo...you have to sit down on a hard plastic chair for the eight minute ride up...i never would have wanted to do that pre-LIS...this is the first trip we took post-LIS--and even though it was just staying in missouri i liked it so much more than the trips to san antonio or new orleans right before my surgery!
dee
Salt Bather

Topics: 10

Postby StevePain » 22 Jul 2010, 13:55

Thanks NG,
No doubt i'll be back here with all the details, most likely be having a moan haha.
What about you NG, is everything doing great down there, I know you've had it bad for a while, hope you've finally kicked that fissure into touch, maybe you'll be having a cold guinness right now and a pizza or KFC LOL
StevePain
King Fissure

Postby StevePain » 22 Jul 2010, 13:58

Thanks Dee, I'll let you know! :)
StevePain
King Fissure

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 23 Jul 2010, 11:43

Hey Steve, no Guinness and pizza just yet, I'm afraid :) Things have improved since the weeks after LIS, but it's definitely not yet "all quiet on the anal front." I'm no longer sitting on pillows and can actually sit on hard chairs now, but I do still get some pain and discomfort after BMs. It seems to be getting better but it's a very, very slow process. I think I'm just a slow healer because I know many others have healed in much shorter spans of time. Still doing the veggie soup and Miralax thing. I'd wager you'll be all patched up well before I am Image
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Postby StevePain » 23 Jul 2010, 14:05

I hope i'm a quick healer, either way I have to look at the big picture, a life like i'm living now or some post-op pain and enjoying potty time once again, the latter wins hands down!
The funny thing is, my fissure seems to be playing mind games with me the past month, some days i'm not feeling any pain and BM's are a pleasure and other days i'm getting some aching and discomfort which lasts all day, I have no clue as to what's going on, now if I was in agony 24/7 then having the surgery would be easier but I just can't help feeling like this damn fissure has a mind of it's own and it's secretly sh*tting itself at the prospect of surgery lol so it's gone into hiding.... God I feel like i'm going mad lol
StevePain
King Fissure

Postby cherylk » 23 Jul 2010, 14:31

Steve,
I know what you mean. AF's can really wreak havoc with one's mind. Just a few more days to your surgery!! We'll send healing thoughts and prayers your way on your date. Just be sure to give us all a reminder of it!!
cherylk
VIP

Postby StevePain » 28 Jul 2010, 04:12

Quick update...
Just received a phone call from the hospital... Apparently the anaesthetist is off sick so my appointment has to be rescheduled for next wednesday 4th august, bummer I know! especially when I was psychologically ready for it, oh well... a week isn't long, I'm sure to manage until then, staying positive all the way..
StevePain
King Fissure

Postby cherylk » 28 Jul 2010, 06:24

Good stuff, Steve. I am going to another town to golf that day; I'll be able to send you healing energy and good thoughts while I'm golfing. Your procedure will help take my mind off of any bad shots that I may have!! :roll:
cherylk
VIP