Back from surgery!

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: Back from surgery!

Postby Deleted User 579 » 15 Jun 2011, 10:59

Well, I couldn't really do a proper happy dance myself because my ass is still a little raw, but Action Girl does a good job!
There is definitely no dignity with ass problems! Your hubbies love you both dearly, obviously :D Mine has been so wonderful too. I don't know what I would do without him.
I'm in such a good mood now - Val, you totally made my day! I hope you are having a good day too, riding your Tramadol cloud. Image
Deleted User 579

Postby Guest » 15 Jun 2011, 12:23

Hope I feel the same way about my day. It's so good to hear some Good News! I seriously take these things personally and feel for people who are going through this. I think I have always been compassionate but having a fissure and butt problems has made that even more.
So many Good people on this board:)
Wishing Val the best recovery possible!

Postby PaulsPain » 15 Jun 2011, 12:41

Hi Val-
That is great you were able to avoid the seton.
Wishing you a speedy recovery.
PaulsPain
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 4

Postby val » 16 Jun 2011, 08:13

Update.....
well today is not a good day! :( Tramadol, paracetamol and ibruprofen have only just taken the edge off the pain - and the movicol has been working a little too well, which has been a painful nightmare! Image
I know it gets better each day, but that isn't helping today!
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby andy1505 » 16 Jun 2011, 09:17

Val
Sorry for my ignorance, but what is seton??
Regards
Andy
andy1505
Salt Bather

Topics: 10

Postby Guest » 16 Jun 2011, 09:29

Oh Val,
I'm sorry to hear it's been a rough day.Nothing worse than too many BM's after butt surgery. Wonder if the other meds with the movicol are causing up-set stomach?! I guess it's hard to know this soon. I hope the day gets better for you.
Hang in there Val Image

Postby Savaici » 16 Jun 2011, 09:40

Hi Val. So glad it's all over and that you didn't have to have the seton. Light does not seem that bright at the end of the tunnel when you're in pain, but you are right, it will get better even if that's not helping you today! Hope you have spoken to your doctor about it. Pain is something we shouldn't have to suck up and suffer, IMO. Probably the Movicol didn't help too much. Always difficult to get the darn doses right to not get the 'runs'. Probably with all the medication during the surgery, there is over-action (pun?). Anyway, take it very easy, and will be thinking of you. Em
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby val » 16 Jun 2011, 09:57

Andy - a seton is a thread that they put through a high fistula i.e. one that has gone right through the muscle. They cant just lay it open or there would be incontinence.There are cutting setons and draining setons. They dont sound very pleasant so I was extremely pleased not to wake up with one!
Dawn, thanks, yes I never thought about it being anything else - just assumed it was the movicol - as you say Em, its so difficult to get it right. I've never used it before so it was trial and error - more error than trial though LOL!
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 16 Jun 2011, 12:15

Hey Val, glad to hear you dodged the seton! That's excellent news. And I didn't know UK'ers also used "No way Jose". I thought that was just for us Yanks :)
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Postby Deleted User 579 » 16 Jun 2011, 12:59

Hey Val - sorry to hear you had a rough day Image movicol with new meds really messes you up for a while, it's so hard to tell how they will interact. I know that Percocet makes me quite nauseated until I get used to them. I hope the pain meds do their job better soon. Em's right, we really shouldn't have to suffer unnecessarily.
I really hope you are doing well - I'm thinking about you and sending you happy, healing vibes! Image
Deleted User 579