bath products

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

bath products

Postby val » 15 Sep 2007, 10:11

I know this is trivial in light of the pain, but how long is it before I can use anything in my bath other than epsom salts or savlon. I REALLY miss my bubble baths and I have a big stash of Lush products(do you have Lush shops in the States?They do truly gorgeous organic bath crumbles and fizzy bombs etc) My husband bought me masses of the stuff for birthdays christmas and anniversaries and just because he loves me ahhhh!
I miss this stuff much more than food that I can't eat. Sad aren't I?
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Re: bath products

Postby Guest » 15 Sep 2007, 10:22

I have always wanted to try Lush products. I hear they are divine. I don't want to deprive you of something that makes you feel better and pampered since you do need to treat yourself, but I guess if it were me I would be very careful about putting things the bath water that could irritate the skin.
Maybe you could slather on lotions and use scented bath gel rather than sit in the product.
I guess you have to be the judge of it as I don't think there is a set time period.
What Lush product would you recommend? I have thought about maybe getting a body cream. I put hand cream on about 5-6 times a day. It is rather an obsession with me!!!

Postby happyass » 15 Sep 2007, 17:51

ah lush......lush stuff can turn you into a lush slush!!! hehehehe....
i love aveda stuff myself.
and like you val, i love bubble baths too but its been a long long long time since i have taken one. i think with moderation, like say once a week, why not?
it will make you feel good about yourself and it's a special time for you. it will help you relax and as long as you make sure to rinse 100% off the stuff off your butt and then pat dry, blow dry, and then moisturize with something smooth and healing, i can't imagine it hurting.
as long as you don't rub in the soap in your butt crack, i think you can be okay once a week for starters and then take it from there.
i think also the more you do stuff from your daily routine before the fissure took over, the more you will help yourself mentally to get more of your life back!
enjoy that bubble bath!
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Postby val » 16 Sep 2007, 11:29

Thanks!
Hi Leicia, I've tried all the products and I would reccomend using Dream Cream followed by The Soft Touch which is an overnight hand butter which is brilliant. For a facial moisturiser I use Gorgeous, which is expensive but worth every penny!
They have lovely talc with sparkly bits called Candy Fluff, and soap that smells like it called Rock Star. Honey I Washed The Kids soap is divine, as is Milky Bar and Gratuous Violets soap. American Cream hair conditioner is to die for and Daddyo shampoo is lovely. Can you get Lush where you are? I can send you some if you'd like to try it?
Val
val
King Fissure

Postby Guest » 16 Sep 2007, 16:30

Hey Val,
Thanks for the recommendations! Where to start! We don't have a Lush shop here but I can order them online, but thank you so much for the offer. I may start out with the handcreams since that is my weakness!
Take care,
Lecia

Postby val » 17 Sep 2007, 01:49

Hi Lecia,
we only live 15 miles from the nearest Lush shop, and I can get tiny samples of it, so if you do want to try before you buy, so to speak, just tell me, and I could send you lots of little bits of it. I've also got the magazine of that and it's sister company- Never Too Busy To Be Beautiful, which does really stunning perfumes and cosmetics(the nearest shop to me is London, so I'll probably never go to one!)
It would be no trouble and I shall be going there at the weekend anyway!
best wishes Val
val
King Fissure

Postby Guest » 17 Sep 2007, 07:40

What a kind offer-you are such a sweetheart but I am just going to get a few things from Amazon.com. I love being able to order things online and then get a box at the doorstep. I seriously don't know what I would do otherwise since I live in a rural part of the US. My daughters are trained when they hear the doorbell-Mommy-the UPS man is here!

Postby val » 17 Sep 2007, 08:00

I didn't know you could get it from amazon, I wonder if it is ceaper than Lush's own website. My son is always ordering stuff from amazon- he loves parcels too, he likes to collect tokens from things we don't even eat or need, just to send off for their free gifts,which is also daft stuff he doesn't even want, just so he gets a parcel!
val
King Fissure

Postby Guest » 17 Sep 2007, 08:06

I know how that is. Being home a lot-it breaks up the tediousness to get something in the mail-even if it means you have to pay for it yourself!