Blood again help....

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Blood again help....

Postby Guest » 14 Jul 2007, 06:49

Doesn't soup have alot of sodium? What kind of soup? What other veggies? I have been eating green and yellow beans?
Thanks.....

Postby Deleted User 5 » 14 Jul 2007, 07:08

And keep in mind that bleeding is par for the course, a sign of major setbacks or worsening conditions..
So do you mean it will get worse before I get better so maybe I will be over this hump??

I meant to say, NOT a sign of worsening conditions, necessarily. I need to re-read and edit my posts before i send them. Wow, that was a major typo!!
Sorry guys I will try to relax today....but the pain seems to control my life. Thanks again.. I understand that there is only so much "relaxing" you can achieve, but do try. Anything you can do to get your mind off the pain is good.
Deleted User 5

Postby Guest » 14 Jul 2007, 07:37

ok thanks Kim for the revision of words. That wa sa little relieving.. I will try to relax, I will try to relax.... :)
Happyass, Can yountell me more about the beans and soups? Are thay canned?? What brand?? This is new to me....
Thanks Patty

Postby happyass » 14 Jul 2007, 08:05

well patty i like to make homemade soups as when you start making one you begin to explore and start making lots of other things......
for instance all you need to start is some water and some veggies you like. i like to have some handy vegetarian bouillon cubes but also some vegetable stock ready made - organic of course and with limited sodium.
you can start 50/50 water-veggie stock as your base.
if you want to attempt macrobiotic style, then use water and buy some instant wakame flakes. this will make your starter stock.
then when you are ready and right about when the water starts to boil, i would add carrots, mushrooms, celery, onions, green beans, peas, some cooked brown rice, little chunks of tofu, scallions, shredded cabbage and even cooked beans - whether they be lentil, black, yellow, pinto, etc. even yummy chick peas/garbanzo beans.
this alone will make you a nice veggie soup. of course, i love to add potatoes and some chunks of chicken for a hearty dinner version but for breakfast i would keep it strictly veggie.
you of course can add some black pepper kernels and some sea salt at the time you start with the water stock to give the water some edge. also don't be afraid to add basil or thyme or whatever your favorite spice may be.
later you can simply concentrate on making purees. like all carrot, or a combination of carrot and fennel, or lentil puree. these are all yummy.
the combinations are endless.
i won't get into the miso soup yet as you should simply start to enjoy a more familiar type of soup and get used to having it in the morning.
it is said that having soups before your meals will greatly help the digestion. as long as they are light and brothy but avoid those that are cream-based soups. however, as a treat every now and then, why not?
as far as canned is concerned, i would recommend you start by making your own. you control what is in it and you can make it to your liking.
if time is a constraint, then i would say shop around at whole foods or trader joes or in your organic section at the store to see what they have. keep it simple and non-creamy.
healthy choice is good as it is very very bland. if you can get these at costco or sams club, the price would be better.
but as i mentioned, homemade would be the way to go.
and it will take your mind off other things as you chop up your veggies, clean them, cook them....and the smells, the excitement of watching things progress.....and the ultimate thrill of tasting the hard work you just put into it!!!!
mmmmm..mmmmm...good!
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Postby mypoopyhurtsme » 14 Jul 2007, 08:17

Hey, Patty. I know how demoralizing and even depressing the sight of blood can be... for the last two months, it's been my biggest symptom of this thing. Generally, durning BM, I get a prickly feeling, then streaks of blood on the poo and bright red blotches on the tp. So it's definitely a typical sign of AF.
I used to be completly freaked out every time I would go to the bathroom, and if I saw blood, it would basically ruin my whole day. Maybe I've just become used to the sight, but it doesn't bother me as much anymore. I've stopped obsessing about it, and keep telling myself that I'm doing the best I can, and look on the positive side -- I'm eating really healthy and preventing bigger problems down the road. I agree with Gareth and eveyone else...try not to worry so much...very hard to do, I know.
I took colace once and it made my bm so liquidy that it stung...but i might actually try it again. So i'm interested to hear how you do on it.
I've been to two CRSs -- the second time, I had blood the very morning of the appointment. The exam didn't hurt anymore than the first one.
Looks like your getting a great amount of veggies, but you might want to add more whole grains to your diet (like brown rice).
hope you feel better.
mypoopyhurtsme
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 21

Postby Guest » 14 Jul 2007, 08:40

Thanks Steve ans Happyass,
Happyass thanks for all the good info. I am not much of a cook but maybe I will try. I will also look into healthy choice too. I want to go to the store today.
Steve,
I hate the way I feel after a BM, when there is blood it seems to sting more and the pain last longer than a BM without blood. I used fisol last night and 1 colace. You have to be careful with colace I only take 1 pill. Thats enough for me at least. I am trying to relax I am greatful for everyone responses. I will try my hardest to think about other things. It's just the blood scares me thats all. I am sure that is a normal reaction.
Patty

Postby mypoopyhurtsme » 14 Jul 2007, 09:28

Yeah, being scared after seeing blood is definitely a normal reaction. Especially from that area of our bodies. And especially when it continues to be reinjured by our BMs. Very frustrating. I was depressed about it for a long time...only recently have I improved a lot mentally.
Yeah, usually when I have blood, I'll feel more burning/stinging throughout the day. But lately, even if I have blood, sometimes my discomfort throughout the day is very very mild and intermittent. I think that may be due to the nifedipine.
Thanks for the colace advice...my CRS advised me to take a lot...I think he said 3 100mg tabs a day...or maybe it was more. Whatever the case, I remember taking just one 100mg and it seriously liquified my poo the next day.
Take care.
mypoopyhurtsme
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 21

Postby Guest » 14 Jul 2007, 12:18

Happyass,
You would be proud of me. I went to Wegmans and bought all kinds of good stuff. Broccli, pinto beans, fozen mixed veggies, green tea soup, fruit, apricots and peaches. Oops forgot brown rice I will get that tomorrow. My dad told me with the healthy choice soup he rinses it and adds more water that takes some sodium out but I will try to make my own too. Thats what I did this afternoon. Thanks again to everyone for the words of encouragement!
Kim,
How is Lecia doing?? She ok?? Let me know. Thanks.
Patty

Postby Deleted User 5 » 14 Jul 2007, 12:29

Hi Patty,
She is back home and doing OK. She told me she had a migraine and was quite groggy last night. But the surgery was a success. I'm sure she is resting today. I hope so, anyway! I'm still praying for her!
Deleted User 5

Postby Guest » 14 Jul 2007, 12:54

Kim,
Good thanks for the info, I will be thinking of her too....
Patty