Blood again help....

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Blood again help....

Postby Guest » 13 Jul 2007, 17:47

Sorry to keep bugging you guys,
I went BM again I had just used my creams and I felt funny so I knew I had to go. I did not want to force it so I let it come out. It hurt alittle but when I wiped I had more blood than before. This poo was hard at first then got soft. God I am glad I did not wait til the morning. I took my fisol now I am wondering if I should take Colace tonight. God I was starting to relax a little about pain and this happened. Will I keep bleeding now? I hardly ever had any blood before. Now I think I am back to square one. This is to much for me. The only thing different I ate were blueberries so who knows. I am so confused.
Patty

Re: Blood again help....

Postby Deleted User 5 » 13 Jul 2007, 17:57

Patty, I almost never had blood while I had my fissure, but if I had a second or third BM, I would almost always get blood. I wonder if you are experiencing the same pattern?
The real test will probably come in the morning. If you bleed less then, then I think you are probably OK (in a manner of speaking).
Just remember, a little blood can look like a lot, and bleeding is very normal for many AF sufferers. I would be more concerned right now about the spasms that may or may not result from this BM. I would be soaking in hot water asap!
Deleted User 5

Postby buttgirl » 13 Jul 2007, 18:13

Sounds like you deserve a nice warm bath, a few glasses of wine, and a whole mess of gatorade.

I vote for the colace. But then again, I am one to use MOM and Mineral Oil when I feel like I need them, like on the kind of day you seem to be having.

Cross my fingers and knock on wood for you that you have a better weekend. I'm sure you'll feel better in the morn.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Postby Guest » 13 Jul 2007, 18:22

I am gonna take colace. I have been in the bath tub for awhile. The burning ansd spasms have not started yet. I have nothing else othr Fisol to take. I am so scared for the morning. If I bleed all weekend I am calling CRS Monday. It's gonna be along night...
I have had more bad days than good days what gives???
Patty

Postby happyass » 13 Jul 2007, 20:46

i think patty you are falling into an anxiety circle and its causing part of your issues. you are already worried about tomorrow's bm and well, you are causing stress which in turn will show up somehow in your body.
stress can cause constipation at times.
just try to relax.
it will all be okay.
i would say back off taking so much in response to the bleeding because you may not need it. just let your body do its natural thing.
good luck!
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Postby Guest » 14 Jul 2007, 05:05

Hello,
Well this morning I had blood agian. Should I be concerned? Is it gonna get worse?? Becuase of this now I am wondering if my appt with CRS will be even more painful or even if I will stop bleeding by then. What else can i use to stop the bleeding? It is torn again so now everytime I have a BM it will be bleed? Sorry guys but this is hard to deal with. My bum hurts when I go and stings and burns afterwards.
Patty

Postby happyass » 14 Jul 2007, 05:28

Hey there,
I think maybe what can help here - operative word 'maybe' - is to think opposite. Don't wonder that it will hurt more at the CRS visit or that you will bleed every time you have a BM. Tell yourself that you are going to be fine. Tell yourself that the pain will diminish. Tell yourself to relax.
Yes it is hard to tell yourself those things when your bum is telling you otherwisse but sometimes we have to create a new vision in order to change the physiology of what our body is telling us so that we can aid our body in healing.
Now, with your stinging and burning afterwards, many of us needed not to have bleeding during a BM. this can happen with our without bloody bms so i don't think having these types of post BM pain/experiences is directly a sign that is due to blood.
I think what you need to be concerned with here mostly is (1) your level of anxiety. It is normal but you are letting it interfere with your progress because of the symptoms. You have immediate anxiety and future anxiety (re: forthcoming CRS appt).
I hope this weekend you can do your best to control and minimize the anxiety while at the same time treat your bum.
I don't think you will necessarily bleed each time you have a BM but then again, I don't know the severity of the tear or possibly if it is something else that isn't necessarily a fissure - perhaps a bursted vein or an abcess? who knows. these things can also cause intense pain and bleeding during and after a BM.
For now, your focus is on minimizing anxiety and not on the worst possible case scenario.
Can you help us a little......share with us what you ate all day for the last two days. I am wondering about you, whether you are getting enough food or enough of the fiber kind - also if you added anything else into your diet, ie. stool softners, supplements, etc. during the last three-seven days. have you been applying anything different to the area? there are so many variables here that can be contributing to your situation.
I wish you a more peaceful saturday and weekend Patty.
happyass
King Fissure

Postby Deleted User 5 » 14 Jul 2007, 05:51

Yes, patty, it may bleed for a while. Most likely the bleeding will die down when you get back on a once-a-day bm schedule, but it is just a guess on my part.
Avoid taking anything that thins your blood right now, or any foods that do.
I agree with Gareth, as always, the primary thing right now would be to reduce your anxiety. get as many hot baths as possible. And keep in mind that bleeding is par for the course, NOT a sign of major setbacks or worsening conditions..
Last edited by Deleted User 5 on 14 Jul 2007, 07:09, edited 1 time in total.
Deleted User 5

Postby Guest » 14 Jul 2007, 06:12

I have had one setback after another. Can I take Advil it seems to help. I had oatmeal this morning, now I am drinking water and green tea. Fur lunch I will have steamed veggies applesauce and fruit probably peaches. I will have a metamucil wafer, more water all day and for dinner a small portion of chicken with more steamed veggies maybe so more fruit. That is usually what I have most days sometomes i will have all bran cereal in the morning. I can't think that what I eat is that bad. The only differeny I eat was blueberries this week.
if it is something else that isn't necessarily a fissure - perhaps a bursted vein or an abcess?
It feels weird down there I hope it is not an abcess, other than that pain I feel fine.
And keep in mind that bleeding is par for the course, a sign of major setbacks or worsening conditions..
So do you mean it will get worse before I get better so maybe I will be over this hump??
Sorry guys I will try to relax today....but the pain seems to control my life. Thanks again..

Postby happyass » 14 Jul 2007, 06:35

no need to apologize patty. we've all been there. i think we can recognize when someone is having a major anxiety cycle due to the pain. i know one day i was driving from a dr's appt back to work and i swore my ass was burning so much that i felt my brain was going to explode and that i wanted to drive off the key bridge!!!!!!
anyway, i think what you are eating is fine. i would highly recommend though to get in some more vegetarian type soups - try having some soup for breakfast with some warm polenta. i know it sounds weird, but trust me....you can really enjoy soup in the morning. make sure it is hot to more than warm. try this instead of the cereal.
another option, is to cook your all bran buds along with your oatmeal. this will help soften the bran buds.
a macrobiotic counselor told me that even though it is fiber, it is hard (cereal) and sometimes our bodies will expel that same texture coming out. so hard going in, hard going out.
that is why having warm (not cold cereal) and mushy, soft, creamy-like, soup like items for breakfast is good for you. plus it helps your digestive system get a head start with liquids rather than solids.
i also would suggest you add some nice lentils and black/pinto beans to your diet. on top of your veggies - make sure you are having a variety of veggies each day, not just the same ones - and you can have a wonderful plate of steamed veggies with mixed whole grains, black beans, and brown rice with a bit of gomasio on it right after having a nice hearty light soup.
i don't know if you like tofu, but if you have a favorite chinese take out place, see if they make bean curd homestyle with mixed veggies. this will help your tummy. it's a great meal with tofu and mixed veggies.
in addition to your blueberries, add in some blackberries, strawberries, and raspberries. you may even want to consider getting a frozen bag of mixed berries and making a smoothie without sugar, using some apple juice as sweetner, and then adding soy or EdenBlend milk with ice. yum!
there is so much more you can do with your diet sweetie. have some fun!
and when you are eating your healthy foods, tell yourself that you are putting good stuff in so good stuff will come out. i hope you are not worried about what you eat and how it will affect your BM as this will tend to cause an anxiety situation while you are eating........
let's have a great weekend!!!! :-)
happyass
King Fissure