Blood again help....

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Blood again help....

Postby SunshineHope » 15 Jul 2007, 00:17

Hey Patty! I'm not sure how Colace works because I've never used it, but Miralax really helped my bleeding stop. Now, if I ever bleed, it's either because I didn't drink my regular dose of Miralax that day/didn't drink enough water - or because I've irritated myself with toilet paper or scratching (it's embaressing but it's human). If I have enough Miralax though (a little bit less than the full dose) and maybe even a bit of prune juice on the side (and a decent fibre rich diet with no bad stuff) -- I don't bleed. I think the Mirlax and prune juice really help me during those times, and all of the oils (e.g. flax seed oil) also help prevent bleeding for me at least because it makes things a bit more sleek/smooth to come out.
My BMs ALWAYS used to be hard initially and soft later before Miralax and prune juice, even when I was trying hard to eat right. I could never drink enough water or would screw it up somehow. The stool softener has really helped though, I hate taking it everyday but I usually do. Maybe trying that (if you already haven't) may help...
take care /God bless. I also hope Lecia's doing well, I've been out of the loop for a day or two so didn't even realize she had surgery. She's so strong. Bless .....
xoxo
SunshineHope
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 38

Re: Blood again help....

Postby Guest » 15 Jul 2007, 07:06

Sunshinehope:
What is Miralax?? Colace works for me, but I have to be careful in combination with what I eat during the day, sometimes my BM comes out like water. I might switch to prune juice. I have been bleeding since Friday. I had a couple hard BMs the only thing different I ate were blueberries. MY BMs are sort of formed and soft in the beginning and very looses in the end and I am still bleeding. How soft should I make them without getting diahrea?
I am not sure what Miralax will do, is it a laxative or softner??
Patty