botox shots today

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

botox shots today

Postby mmb0423 » 19 Apr 2010, 12:41

had my botox shots this morning. my butt is looking better than ever (i wish) lol! hasn't been to bad so far. went in at 11:00. the doc did 4 shots and also clipped a small bit of scar tissue beside the fissure. haven't had any pain yet, but i'm kinda waiting for it. i took one of the pain pills that he prescribed (norco), but i'm going to avoid taking them as much as possible. i was under for the procedure, and he numbed the area pretty well. i woke up about 20 minutes later back in my room. let's hope this works! i'm still praying that this is the answer to my fissure issues!
mmb0423
Salt Bather

Topics: 8

Re: botox shots today

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 19 Apr 2010, 13:16

Nice, hope it works out! 4 shots is a lot more than I got, I only got 2 when I did Botox. If you're taking Norco then I doubt you'll feel any pain for a while :)
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Postby cherylk » 19 Apr 2010, 17:14

Michelle,
Fingers crossed for successful results!
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby Fissulyna » 20 Apr 2010, 21:01

YES _ BEST OF LUCK : )))))) !!!!
NP- did they "put you out" when they gave you a Botox :roll:
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 20 Apr 2010, 21:54

Hey Fiss, nope I had mine awake. Makes me wonder if they inject it in a different place depending on if you're fully awake versus sedated.
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 21 Apr 2010, 11:51

Hey Mechelle, how's it going with the Botox?
I've got a quick question for ya: do you happen to know how many units of Botox you got? I was just looking through my medical records and noticed that I only got 30 units of Botox total, 15 units in each side. That seems low based on what I've seen of other people's experiences. Do you happen to know your dosage?
I'm flip flopping between LIS and trying Botox again. Sigh.
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Postby mmb0423 » 21 Apr 2010, 19:31

Thanks guys! Things are going pretty well. They removed some scar tissue which has been where most of my discomfort has come from. It's not too bad though just a little pinchy feeling and some bleeding. Yesterday I tried to do without any pain pills, but I finally broke down and took one after my BM. It wasn't too bad, but I thought it would just keep my mind off of it anyway. I'm not sure how many units that he used, I just know that it was 4 shots. I can ask him when I go again for a follow up but that's not until May 17th. (If you want me to I can call and ask.) He did tell me that a second round of botox is sometimes helpful for some people. My insurance said that they would cover two rounds of botox, so he said that would be a good option if this didn't work. As easy as the botox was I would try it again before I did LIS, just because there is virtually no down time with botox. I was in and out of the hospital in 3 hours and most of it was just waiting for the procedure. I might feel different about that though if I were in extreme pain like at the beginning of my fissure saga.
mmb0423
Salt Bather

Topics: 8

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 21 Apr 2010, 20:01

Hey Mechelle, no worries, don't worry about calling to ask. Thanks for the offer though! :) I doubt it will change my decision much. I'm seeing the GI doc tomorrow to ask a few questions about Botox and another non fissure related issue I've been having, and unless there's an unexpected turn of events, I'm just going to go through with LIS.
I was also on my way right after Botox, driving home and going back to work right afterward was no problem (probably because I didn't have any sedatives). I didn't have any scar tissue removed but I did have a little sore pinchy feeling after Botox, so that sounds normal. It took a week or two for it to resolve in my case. Fingers crossed that it does the trick for you, it definitely did for me (until I re-tore the stupid fissure a couple of months later anyway).
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Postby Fissulyna » 21 Apr 2010, 21:29

NP - did you get your Botox in SF :roll: office ??? Did they give you any local or anything Image - LOL - you see I would be scared of having a needle pushed in my anus all awake - I can only imagine the pain : ((( Image - I would freak out LMAO So you are actually VERY brave man !!!!!! I have no idea why you always joke that you are not LOL Image
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 21 Apr 2010, 21:40

Hey Fiss, yup I had it done in SF, same doctor you've seen before :) They just put on some lidocaine gel, the same stuff as before a rectal exam. I saw the needles and they were definitely big, but the injection itself only hurt for a few seconds on each side -- I was definitely expecting worse when I first saw the size of the needles hahaha. Honestly I think being bent over an exam table and raised high in the air so my butt was at "eye level" while two women stuck needles in my anus was embarrassing enough to overcome any pain there may have been LOL! The whole time I was thinking "wow this is definitely a weird experience" hahahahaha.
I don't have any problems with needles, I actually periodically get cortisone shots into my sternomanubrial joint for a chronic chest pain problem and that one is scarier to me since it's so close to my heart and they have to kind of grind the needle into the bone (feels weird), but the thought of getting a little muscle cut like with LIS definitely scares me Image Dunno why when so many have done it before.
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure