Canadian unsuccessfully looking for Botox treament

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Canadian unsuccessfully looking for Botox treament

Postby Guest » 19 Feb 2007, 17:02

Hi - I have an appointment with a colorectal surgeon in mid-March. I'm hoping my fissure will have healed by then, but if it doesn't, the appointment is ready and waiting.
This is my dilemma, though - I've read a lot about the botox injection treatment and think I would prefer to try that rather than the ILS. Only problem is I can't find any doctors near me in Canada who use this technique. I spent an entire day calling every colorectal surgeon in the Toronto area, and none of them uses Botox. I'm half thinking of trying to find a doctor in the US, preferably around Buffalo or Detroit that I could go to instead of having surgery here. Are any members of this board from these areas and would you have any suggestions/recommendations of doctors I could contact?
Thanks for your help,
Robin
P.S. Has anyone on the board actually had Botox, and how did it go?

Re: Canadian unsuccessfully looking for Botox treament

Postby Cheryl » 20 Feb 2007, 01:45

Hey Robin
I hope soemone can help you find a botox surgeon in your area.. sorry i cant help you on that one, i am in Australia.
There is one perosn here who has had botox, but i have done a search and i cant remember who it was...?? Sorry, perphaps they will read this and be able to help you!
Hopefully you will heal in the meantime and wont need that appt, i will keep my fingers and toes crossed for you Image
Cheryl
Cheryl
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 22

Postby Guest » 23 Feb 2007, 08:53

Hey Cheryl - well, maybe I'll have to come to Australia for botox! I've always wanted to visit there - maybe this is my chance!
(looking unsuccessfully for a kangaroo emoticon)
Robin :)

Postby Guest » 23 Feb 2007, 11:14

Robin,
I am afraid I don't know much about this-just what I have read online but it seems to make sense. I wonder how long the botox would last down there and if there is any diminished ability to go to the bathroom?
Anway, I just popped in to let you know how much I can relate to your mood you have listed on your profile! It cracked me up because I am having a love affair with ibuprofen myself!
Take care,
Lecia