Colonoscopy on Wednesday

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Colonoscopy on Wednesday

Postby Guest » 04 Dec 2008, 19:49

Great news! Congratulations! Image

Postby lars » 04 Dec 2008, 19:55

Congratulations Erik. :) Is the meds working for levator ani?
lars
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 5

Postby erik » 04 Dec 2008, 20:22

Lars,
Yet the meds worked great, almost no pain anymore. just a couple of weeks of flexeril and I feel much better.
Erik
erik
Salt Bather

Topics: 19

Postby Fissulyna » 04 Dec 2008, 20:26

hmmmmm..now I wonder Image If I ever feel tightening up my butt lately, I take half of valium or half of Flexaril and my butt than feels great Image Could it be that I have that lavator thing going on after all Image Than that female CRS that examined me was a total "twit" Image
Oh geezzzzzz...
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby happyass » 05 Dec 2008, 23:41

erik,
i meant to ask, do you feel any different after colonoscopy? do you feel as if you have less pressure/tightening or ie, more ease with BMs? also, with the polyp removal, do you feel any sensation inside such as in irritation or something?
i am assuming the polyp was benign......so that's good news.
actually for me, the prep was the best part. i was in shambles waiting in the OR waiting area!!!!! Image
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Postby Corsi » 06 Dec 2008, 06:16

Erik
Good for you that your colonoscopy went well :)
I should have had a colonoscopy myself, but I don't dare because of my fissure. Are your fissure gone now? or did you do colonoscopy with an open fissure? My father had/has colon cancer, and my last colonoscopy was 9 years ago so it's long overdue...
Corsica
Corsi
King Fissure

Topics: 18

Postby happyass » 06 Dec 2008, 06:51

corsi,
not sure what your age is but definitely get your colonoscopy. i think over here in the usa, if you have had a family history of colon cancer, then there is a recommended time table to do more frequent colonoscopies by age xx. so far, in the usa, there is a recommendation to begin at 40 or 50 and if you don't have any family history or anything odd in your first colonoscopy, then you do it every 10 years or so...but then i think you go to every 5 years if you do have family history and it starts earlier like 35 or 45 and definitely if the docs find something, then it is like every 1 or 2 years until they are able to resolve any issues.
i am sorry to hear about your dad.
fwiw, i had my fissure active, although it was on its way to healing, when i had my colonoscopy. no issues from having the procedure affect my fissure. i think it contributed to my healing.
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Postby Corsi » 06 Dec 2008, 07:08

I am 42....
Yes I know, I should do it...several doctors have suggested it too, it's just that I have been so afraid to do it with my fissure open.
I have actually asked for a colo. for several years, but my GP has ignored it, and when I asked to have one spring 2007 she "forgot" to ask for one. I have been mad at her for doing that because had I had a colo. then, my fissure would have been found when it was small and cureable....
I will ask my CRS about it in January when I have my appointment.
Corsica :)
Corsi
King Fissure

Topics: 18

Postby erik » 06 Dec 2008, 19:33

my polyp was benign. it did not hurt my semi-unhealed fissure at all. my stomach is fairy soar, from being emptied, scoped and then full of food.
otherwise things seem to be good. while my fissure is still there, still hurts on occasion my mind is at ease that nothing is "underlying". So I make due, and see my doctor again in two weeks so she can give me a course of action to heal this fissure once and for all.
i am glad i have the colonoscopy and will do so every 5-10 years to make sure I am healthy.
thanks all once again for the support. made me feel alot better/confident that everything would workout.
erik.
erik
Salt Bather

Topics: 19

Postby Deleted User 5 » 06 Dec 2008, 20:50

That's great news -- one less thing to worry about! Guess I should have one done soon... Image
Deleted User 5