Constipation Article

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Constipation Article

Postby Guest » 04 Dec 2007, 15:39

...oh, and does this lub up the BM...is that how it works? Thanks!

Postby val » 04 Dec 2007, 15:59

To put it crudely, it makes it just kind of "slip out", if you know what I mean!
It's good for you too, as its got omega 3. My nurse said yesterday that linseed oil is good too, but I haven't tried it, and don't see any point in changing whats working!
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby val » 04 Dec 2007, 16:02

Oh, and aloe vera is a clear juice , not an oil, and its a mild laxative which cleanses out your system(I think thats what Lecia said! I get everything wrong!!)
val
King Fissure

Postby motherluch » 04 Dec 2007, 16:49

What kind of aloe juice are you using?? I have heard of George's Aloe Vera juice. Has anyone used that one?
My fissure is okay thanks for asking Val. I have an internal one that doesn't cause me too much pain, just an uncomfortable, and sometimes burning feeling every once in awhile, but for the most part, since I have had the infrared coagulation done to it, it has been better...KNOCK WOOD!!
motherluch
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 25

Postby Guest » 05 Dec 2007, 09:38

I wanted to mention I have started taking the Digestive Advantage supplement that Buttgirl mentioned. It has only been a week but I have noticed that I seem to have more complete evacuations with it.

I am only taking one in the evening. It says you can go up to two a day. I wonder if you could take more than 2 if needed. Can you overdose on acidophilis?

Postby val » 05 Dec 2007, 10:33

I've been "googling", Lecia, and found that its not possible to overdose on acidophilus, but its possible to waste your money on those that cannot survive the strong acid in your stomach. They should contain viable organisms and apparently a good strain is a new one they've found calledlactobacillus. There is a product called Culurelle. Dont know how true all that is though, its just what I read!
I take Holland and Barret pure aloe vera juice, Motherluch, but this is probably an English shop!
val
King Fissure

Postby Guest » 05 Dec 2007, 11:06

Thanks for the info Val!

Postby val » 05 Dec 2007, 11:27

I spelt it wrong-it was supposed to say Culturelle- I left the T out!
val
King Fissure

Postby Guest » 08 Dec 2007, 10:34

So how much do you drink and how often...daily.
Thanks everyone!

Postby buttgirl » 10 Dec 2007, 17:10

Lecia, I'm glad you seem to be having some success with the diggestive Advantage. It really works for me for some reason. RE: the acidophilus, there is a supplement out called VSL#3. it is a super duper probiotic (450 billion per package) and it is recommended for people with IBS and IBD. The studies of it suggest that it is helpful--so I don't think one can OD on acidophilus. It wouldbe hard to get this many or even more than this many bacteria with regular pills and yogurt.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67