Count down to surgery

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: Count down to surgery

Postby Guest » 24 Jun 2008, 20:23

Hi Fiss. He is so smart and was pretty easy to train. He does need alot of exercise and is like having a room mate. He's an excellant Bird dog but we dont get out too much. In a word he is awesome and makes friends with all he meets human and otherwise, even his older brothers Truth and Justice. I cant wait for him to come home.
On another note Im sending out some extra prayers and vibes for everyone out there suffering (esp Lecia) even though Im not in the terrible pain I was in just a few days ago I will NEVER forget things can change in a minute. Positive Mojo going out in 3, 2, 1.... Pain free days to all D

Postby cherylk » 24 Jun 2008, 21:07

BA,
You might want to put up a pic of a golf course to give you an incentive to heal yourself. I have pics/brochures around about traveling to keep me thinking positively about being healed. The mind is powerful!
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby Guest » 25 Jun 2008, 23:10

Hello all. Thought it was about time to update for future refrence for others who decide to or are considering surgery.
I am 8.5 days post surgery. I took the pain meds (lortab) for the first 3.5 days as the pain was significant. Have not needed further pain meds of any kind since. Following a strict 4 sitz bath a day regiman. The stitches are beginning to dissolve and fall off. Discharge has been steady, and has only contained small amounts of blood early on. Beginning yesterday discharge slowing. Bruising almost completely resolved.
BM still produce some pain (2/3/10) (but nothing like when fissure was present which produced intense and increasing pain that lasted for hours) and only during BM. First few formed BM's produced some blood, but not any after 5 days.
Beginning 2 days ago daily pain 1/2/10 and as of today 1/10. Staying on a fissure friendly diet high in fiber and water without any fried or spicy food of any kind. Still not confident Im out of the woods and afraid to Jinx myself but feel like Im almost human again. Went to work yesterday for 4 hours and today for 6 without incident. No episodes on incontinence.
Looking over the journal I have kept since my diagnosis the last two days by pain level have been the best in the last two plus months. At this point despite my fears regarding surgery, and great pain the first few days post surgery, I would have the surgery again and recommend it to family and friends.
I am scheduled for post op exam with my CRS in 5 days. I hope this information helps a fellow suffer and pray for pain free days for all.

Postby val » 26 Jun 2008, 00:57

Wow, you've done so well, I bet you're really pleased. I'm so glad you're getting your life back!
Hope you continue to heal quickly!
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby cherylk » 26 Jun 2008, 04:16

BA,
Glad to hear you are feeling better! Soon you will be back on the golf course!
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby Guest » 26 Jun 2008, 08:13

So pleased to read your update.
May everyday just be an improvement for you now :)
You will feel great to be reunited with Peace tomorrow
Take care
x

Postby Guest » 26 Jun 2008, 08:52

Great news to hear. I am so glad that you are flying through this ordeal and are starting to see pieces of your old self starting to come back. That is a true sign of healing.

Blessings!

Postby Guest » 26 Jun 2008, 22:42

Hi all. Tried to lead the "normal" life today and for the most part all went well, except, the second and late arriving BM of the day came with blood I have not seen in a while. Did not come with any significant pain or difficulty(in fact was one of the least painful BM in a while) but caused me some concern. Im remaining positive andd hoping this is part of the healing process. Peaks and Valleys. Well see what tomorrow brings. Fingers crossed and knocking on wood.

Postby Guest » 27 Jun 2008, 12:58

Yes that is the spirit Badass, glad you are not in pain too !
I hope tomorrow will be better for you ....
I hope Peace is home with you now, looking after his mummy :)

Postby Guest » 30 Jun 2008, 23:27

Hello All. Had my post op. Dr visit today. According to my CRS he "almost couldn't recognize me" and "your a good healer" I have been cleared to resume all activities and sitz baths are reduced to 2x a day and reduced from there as I deem appropriate.
Dr performed digital exam that was a bit uncomfortable but NOTHING like the pain I experienced the last time he did that before surgery.
Im to continue on stool softner for another month (although I stopped taking them last week without incident). My next Dr's appointment is in three months.
My daily pain level is more of just a feeling that I had surgery and I'm healing. BM are the same and pose no pain after complete. Life after surgery is much better than before and I have hope now that I will be able to put this behind me.
I have not forgotten the suffering of others on this board and hope and pray you find relief and that your problems resolve without surgery. Thank you all for your support it definitely made this difficult process so much more bearable.
Tomorrow I have my first Tee time of the year!