Crohn's: anyone been positively diagnosed??

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Crohn's: anyone been positively diagnosed??

Postby buttgirl » 28 Jan 2008, 18:54

I know there has been a little bit of discussion about this before, but I am wondering if anyone on the website has been positively diagnosed with Crohn's. I ask because a note my Kaiser GI made (which said Crohns, even thoug he TOLD me I was fine) surfaced again at this appt with the new GI. I did not even notice I had a pain in my right side until the new GI pressed on it. It has been sore on and off since then. I am just wondering if anyone else has had an intermittent, dull pain in their right side, especially if you have Crohns. Also, if you have Crohn's I'm wondering what Crohns pains feel like.
It seems like on days when my butt is bad I start to worry about everything possibly connected to my rear....
THX in advance.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Re: Crohn's: anyone been positively diagnosed??

Postby val » 28 Jan 2008, 19:11

I've had a pain on and off on my right side ever since I first got the fissure-in fact 2 days prior to getting it I was rushed to hospital with suspected appendicitus, but it wasn't that, in fact no-one can tell me what it is and it drives me mad! Ihaven't got chrohns though. I think Dano got a pain in his side as well, after his fistulotomy, I think I remember reading on one of the threads, so maybe its connected to fistulas in some way? Just guessing!
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby Fissulyna » 28 Jan 2008, 20:56

Hi girls : )
Dano had pains on the left side, like me. There is no vital organ on the left side and that kind of pain on the low left side usually comes from colon. All vital organs are on the right side and that is why pains there are always taken seriously.
Chris - there are many different tests for Crohn's. If that is making you worried you might ask your GI to do them all. He is doing one important one soon - right ; ) ? I don't know much about C., but as far as I know symptoms are usually severe, lots of pain, diarrhea, weight loss , and most importantly fissure usually does not look like "cut" but like an ULCER !!! And is usually placed OFF the clasic 12 and 6 position.
That is as far as my knowledge goes, maybe they mention that because of fistulas since they can be present in Crohn's , I don't know... : (.
I completely understand your concern and frustration, it is not easy when somebody "plants an idea" in our head and than just sends us home : (((. Hold on , my friend, I am sure all will be well at the end : ) !!!!
ALL THE BEST ALWAYS - XOXO
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby dano » 28 Jan 2008, 23:16

i got my results back awhile ago for my pains,says nothing was visible,actually they went away a few days later with no ill effects. i do know 2 people with Crohns though,both had TERRIBLE stomach pain,diarrha up to 15 times a day at one point,and going poo immeditly after eating...they both lost alot a weight in a short period of time.i never really kept up with thier treatments but i can find out,niether one complained of fissures though..
dano
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 13

Postby buttgirl » 29 Jan 2008, 11:33

Thanks everyone so very much!
Your posts have made me feel so much better. The pain in my side is mild and intermittent and I would never have noticed it if the dr didn't press in the area and hit something a little sore. I don't have a problem keeping weight on, nor do I have a problem with diarrhea or eating what I want (barring fissure irritating foods, that is). And my fissure is left over from the surgery and has always been in the 12'oclock position--super standard. The GI I just saw said that it looked like a regular old fissure. Still he ordered the CT scan to rule Crohn's out once and for all, or so i hope.
It is amazing how my mind just wanders wild. The Gi said he doubted the Crohns but still ordered the test leaving me to my own devices to wonder endlessly....and yesterday was such a painful day (which I'll post about in a minute) that I was wondering what could possibly cause this sudden sharp spike in pain.
I really, really appreciate all of your support. some times I wonder why drs even mention such a thing if they don't really think it applies???
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Postby val » 29 Jan 2008, 11:54

I think they have to cover their own a*ses so that we dont sue them! A while back, over here, doctors were missing a few kids that died from astma, suddenly, every cough was asthma-my son was given an inhaler and some kind of syrup stuff to take that would have made him even more hyper-and all he had was a simple cough! Good thing I assumed they were talking cr*p and never gave it to him!
So they're probably just being thorough-they dont care they frighten the life out of us!
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby Fissulyna » 29 Jan 2008, 15:54

I agree with Val ; ) !
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61