CRS in Southern California?

A place to post your experiences with your doctor/surgeon for others searching for a great doctor!

Return to Tell us about your doctor

CRS in Southern California?

Postby mrfissure » 25 May 2010, 20:16

Hi everyone,
I haven't seen many specific recommendations for surgeons on this board, so I'm not sure if it's OK to ask, but anyway here goes...can anyone recommend a surgeon in Southern California?
Mr. Fissure
mrfissure
Fibre Addict

Topics: 8

Re: CRS in Southern California?

Postby Fissulyna » 25 May 2010, 22:00

I am so sorry : ( , I wish I could help - but I know only some names in the San Francisco area !
Hope somebody else will jump in this thread soon Image
Wishing you the best of luck with finding a good CRS , since that is the key !!!! Never give up until you find one !
Are you close to San Diego ??? I think that UCSD has a medical school ??? :roll: If yes - you might try to find CRS there ...
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 26 May 2010, 13:51

What part of So Cal are you in: LA, the Valley, Inland Empire, OC, SD?
I used to live in West LA and have been to a Center For Colorectal Health office in Beverly Hills before. Just one time for hemorrhoids, not a fissure or for surgery though.
I think this was the place:
http://www.yelp.com/biz/the-center-for-colorectal-health-beverly-hills
Also, if you check the Center For Colorectal Health website they list a bunch of offices, some of which may be closer to you:
http://www.crhsystem.com/california.html
They're all independent offices that have nothing to do with each other, some are GI docs and some are CRS, so not even all are surgeons, but it might be an okay starting point.
I'm sure Cedars Sinai or UCLA Med would have something in that area if you're near West LA too. Good luck!
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Postby Daisy » 08 Nov 2014, 02:20

mrfissure wrote:Hi everyone,
I haven't seen many specific recommendations for surgeons on this board, so I'm not sure if it's OK to ask, but anyway here goes...can anyone recommend a surgeon in Southern California?
Mr. Fissure

Dr. David Rosenfeld in Simi Valley -he's an excellent communicator. Check out his website.
Daisy
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Postby rockybalboa76 » 08 Nov 2014, 12:42

Here's another one:
Dr Mohammad A.P. Pourshahmir 818-783-7727
He is a colon and rectal surgeon. He was recommended by by primary care physician. I think, he has a couple of videos up on YouTube regarding techniques and surgery. He uses two offices. The main one is in Encino, CA. He also has one in Burbank, CA. At one point, I went to UCLA and got a second opinion. That guy was terrible. I ended up going back to Dr Pourshahmir and he did right by me. I hope that helps.
rockybalboa76
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2