CRS said SOL

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: CRS said SOL

Postby Sweet Bugaboo » 18 Jan 2012, 18:06

Sue - that would probably be due to the residual effects of the Xanax I had to take last night.
I just want this mess over - over and done with. I know we've all felt that way, at one time or another.
I'll let you know how my visit goes - and btw, that Miralax works! I had 2 bms this morning.
Sweet Bugaboo
King Fissure

Topics: 11

Postby workingonit » 18 Jan 2012, 18:12

Thanks Sue,
I agree. I will see this guy again for the next scheduled visit, but in the meantime I plan to set up an appointment with someone else through my GP. I know of 3 other doctors in the area that all have good reviews. Don't relish all the probing though. :roll:
I won't throw out this guys opinion though, just cause he has a flippant bedside manner. But it never hurts to get another opinion, and weigh it with all the info and advice on this forum. sure helps!
-woi
workingonit
VIP

Topics: 34

Postby Sue1962 » 18 Jan 2012, 19:40

YAY Image SB, so glad it is working for you. I am sure you will be fine!!! Maybe take a 1/2 of Xanax before you go if you are really anxious. I agree woi, get another opinion and see how it goes.
Sue1962
Fissureologist

Topics: 36

Postby Sweet Bugaboo » 18 Jan 2012, 19:45

Sue -
I just hate this whole thing. I always get extremely nervous going to the doctor - and I certainly did NOT want to have to go back to my crs. I was hoping this sucker would heal on its own . . . but nope. As I sit here, I can feel the burn.
My hope and prayer is that my visit will help to clear this up -- I certainly don't want this mess prolonged.
I'll let everyone know how it goes. Nervous is hardly the word for how I'm feeling right now. Half a Xanax might help.
Sweet Bugaboo
King Fissure

Postby Sue1962 » 18 Jan 2012, 19:52

That's what I did!!! It did help alot, also having my hubby there was calming. I just didn't know what to expect, what he was going to do. He didn't stick anything not even his finger in there. He just did a firm but quick look. He saw what he needed to and that was that.
Sue1962
Fissureologist

Topics: 36

Postby Grateful Ed » 18 Jan 2012, 20:32

Don't give up! Nifediphene helped to clear up my fissure back in June (2011). I know what you mean about food-anxiety too. I dreamt I ate a piece of pizza last night and was like "No! This will constipate me!" Image Stay positive. It will heal up.
Grateful Ed
Salt Bather

Topics: 9

Postby workingonit » 18 Jan 2012, 20:58

Thanks Ed!
That's just what I needed to hear.
I am feeling more upbeat now. I just didn't expect it to last this long. Guess none of us did.
But my CRS did say it was healing. So I am on the right track.
Congrats on your healing!
-woi
workingonit
VIP

Postby Deleted User 579 » 18 Jan 2012, 21:36

Hi Woi - I just wanted to say that I had an anterior fissure and the LIS healed it right up, no leakage or anything. So I agree with the others that you should probably get a second opinion.
I've read that women's sphincter muscles are weaker in the anterior area because of the way we are built (and so docs are quite careful especially with women who have given birth, which I have not). But I do think that a surgeon who knows what s/he is doing would not have a problem dealing with an anterior fissure.
Of course, the Nif could certainly work, in which case you can by-pass that whole surgery thing (fingers crossed!!!). But if that doesn't happen, I really don't think that you are SOL. There's always hope. :)
I hope you're feeling a bit better. Image
Deleted User 579

Postby workingonit » 18 Jan 2012, 22:31

Thanks Hope,
That's very interesting about why the anterior area is weaker for women.
I feel better than the first time I saw him, so that is a good thing. Time will tell.
Thank you for the support!
-woi
workingonit
VIP

Postby Sweet Bugaboo » 18 Jan 2012, 22:31

Sue, I hope my visit goes that quickly and easily. I have some questions prepared for him - and my husband will ask some, too.
Oh, lordy, I just want this whole nightmare to be over.
Thank you - and everyone else - for being there.
Sweet Bugaboo
King Fissure