Diet & Health Tips and Tricks Series Pt. 2. Bread

Interesting facts

Discuss changes in diet that have helped you manage your fissure, or any supplements or medications/creams that have been effective.

Return to Diet Tips / Supplements

Diet & Health Tips and Tricks Series Pt. 2. Bread

Postby Deleted User 3925 » 09 Nov 2014, 12:18

"Zwieback, or twice-baked bread, is one of the most easily digested and most palatable
of foods. Let ordinary raised bread be cut in slices and dried in a warm oven till the last
trace of moisture disappears. Then let it be browned slightly all the way through.
In a dry place this bread can be kept much longer than ordinary bread, and if reheated
before using, it will be as fresh as when new". {CD 317.1}

"Bread which is two or three days old is more healthful than new bread. Bread dried
in the oven is one of the most wholesome articles of diet".—Letter 142, 1900 {CD 317.2}

"The unbolted flour, mixed with pure soft water and milk, makes the best gems we have ever
tasted. If the water is hard, use more sweet milk, or add an egg to the batter. Gems should
be thoroughly baked in a well-heated oven, with a steady fire". {CD 319.5}

"The loaves should be small, and so thoroughly baked that, as far as possible, the yeast
germs shall be destroyed. When hot, or new, raised bread of any kind is difficult of digestion.
It should never appear on the table. This rule does not, however, apply to, unleavened bread.
Fresh rolls made of wheaten meal, without yeast or leaven, and baked in a well-heated oven,
are both wholesome and palatable...." {CD 316.4}

"The use of soda or baking powder in breadmaking is harmful and unnecessary. Soda causes
inflammation of the stomach and often poisons the entire system. Many housewives think
that they cannot make good bread without soda, but this is an error. If they would take the
trouble to learn better methods, their bread would be more wholesome, and, to a natural taste,
it would be more palatable."—The Ministry of Healing, 300-302, 1905{CD 316.2}

Note: I may add a few more references to each section as I find them. To note I have
problems digesting whole wheat soft bread, I tried drying the bread out with great result
in nice soft stools... :D Remember these are just more suggestion and things to try out which
may or may not help to keep those AF monster at bay. If you have any bread tips and tricks feel
free to add it to this thread.

............good luck hope this helps
Deleted User 3925