Diltiazem/Lidocaine + Forces of Nature?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Diltiazem/Lidocaine + Forces of Nature?

Postby Downandout » 25 Mar 2016, 11:44

Hi all - I've introduced myself some weeks back in the introductions thread but I am a 43 year old, married father of a 2.5 year old boy with another due in about 4 weeks.

I'm at my wits end. I've been actively dealing with this for 7-8 weeks now. My diet is completely modified to attempt the 'Soft Serve Icecream' consistency. Lots of fiber, fruits and vegetables. I've also found out since then that I have hypothryroidism. I've just started taking thyroid as of this week. (The Thyroid issue, one of the side effects is constipation and my GP thinks it could be prolonging my healing but is just a guess)

I'm taking 3+ baths a day, using the diltiazem twice a day (and am not sure if it's doing anything at all). I've had maybe 4 BMs since I've started this which weren't excruciating. But then I'd have another BM which bascially starts me over at square 1. Back to the beginning. :(

Getting desperate, I've read about Forces Of Nature Fissure Control,
http://www.amazon.com/Forces-Nature-Fis ... ge_o00_s00

I just got a bottle yesterday and used it this morning before anything else. I had immediate relief of pain. It was almost instant. Then I had a BM and am now in some discomfort as usual.

my question is, has anyone used both diltiazem and this forces of nature together? Are there any reasons I shouldn't?

I'm also looking at this stuff and wondering if I should give it a try:
http://www.amazon.com/Butlers-Hemorrhoi ... ge_o01_s00

I'd love to get this under control before baby two arrives since, we'll basically be one parent down. It'll be me managing the 2.5 year old mostly when the new kiddo arrives and my wife has been very patient up until now.

thank you for reading this.
Downandout
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Re: Diltiazem/Lidocaine + Forces of Nature?

Postby Downandout » 25 Mar 2016, 15:30

Being desperate and not wanting wait, I'm using both at the same time. I'll post back what happens. I know things can always get worse, but I kind of feel like they can't.
Downandout
Fibre Addict

Postby suzyljank » 25 Mar 2016, 15:42

Hi, you need to be taking something to keep your stools soft. Miralax is good for that. You're going to be taking your thyroid pill from now on and if it's causing constipation miralax will offset that. Your fissure can't heal if your bm is too large and firm. You're still at the stage where you can heal it, it's not quite chronic yet. Once it becomes chronic it's more difficult to heal. As far as Forces of Nature I've never heard of it but if it's treating fissures and hemorrhoids I don't understand how it can do this. With hemorrhoids you want to shrink the vein and slow the blood flow, with fissures the only way they heal is if there is good blood flow. When you spasm it cuts the blood flow to the area and hampers healing. Trying sitting on a warm heating pad and lubricate before you have a bm, it helps. Don't use dry toilet tissue either, wet it or just rinse your butt after. I hope you heal soon and congrats on the baby.
suzyljank

Topics: 23
Mood: very optimistic

Postby Downandout » 25 Mar 2016, 15:55

Thanks Suzyljank. The thyroid pill is theoretically supposed to help. One of the symptoms of hypothyroidism is constipation. I don't have miralax but I do have docusate. Maybe I'll add that back into my diet. I'm also adding more fats. Avacado, tahini, olive oil, avocado oil and coconut oils.

Not sure exactly how the forces of nature heals but I can say emphatically that it helps with pain. Which is welcome since nothing but sometimes Advil was doing.

Thanks for the response.

Best,
Downandout.
Downandout
Fibre Addict

Postby Downandout » 30 Mar 2016, 13:59

Hi - I wanted to follow up here in the event this helps even one person. This oil has been working wonders for me. I've been using the Forces of Nature (see my post above for the link) for 5 days now.

The first time I used it it was instant pain relief. The diltiazem/lidocaine never provided as much. I've had two pain free bowel movements in two days with only super mild post-bm discomfort. I actually felt like going outside yesterday. It's been two months since I've felt like leaving the house.

I just wanted to share as I know how debilitating, depressing and painful fissures can be and was so desperate I started buying things in hopes something would work. This seems to be really working for me and I haven't used the diltiazem/lidcocaine cream in about 3 days.

best,
Downandout.
Downandout
Fibre Addict

Postby fieldingmellish » 05 Apr 2016, 09:15

Hi Downandout, I might be ordering this product. Is it for external use only? I was prescribed Diltiazem which doesnt seem to be doing anything.
fieldingmellish
Fibre Addict

Postby Downandout » 05 Apr 2016, 09:25

fieldingmellish wrote:Hi Downandout, I might be ordering this product. Is it for external use only? I was prescribed Diltiazem which doesnt seem to be doing anything.

Hi fieldingmellish, yes this is external only. I just use a q-tip.
Downandout
Fibre Addict

Postby fieldingmellish » 05 Apr 2016, 09:28

sorry to be dumb here, but meaning you're using a Q-Tip to apply the product to your anal area?
fieldingmellish
Fibre Addict

Postby Downandout » 05 Apr 2016, 09:30

fieldingmellish wrote:sorry to be dumb here, but meaning you're using a Q-Tip to apply the product to your anal area?

Not dumb at all. Yes, you just touch it to your anus without going all the way in.
Downandout
Fibre Addict

Postby fieldingmellish » 05 Apr 2016, 09:31

thanks. i was prescribed the Diltiazem and tetrocaine about a month ago which at first seemed to be helping but now I'm not sure. I'm running out of ideas.
fieldingmellish
Fibre Addict