do skin tags cause sharp pain

sharp pain during BM

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

do skin tags cause sharp pain

Postby scaredritz » 28 Apr 2017, 14:06

Hi again..
Ok, so i was hvng pretty good days for the past 13 days ( yes, i was counting) and then two days back i felt a sharp sting while passing stool. Same yesterday and today. It is just a sharp pain / sting while passing stool ( mostly at the beginning). there is nothing afterwards - no burning or itching or anything.
Being the paranoid person that i am , i hv started to worry about it. My question is can it be skin tags that is causing me that sting/pain or it might be anything else. I know it is not as bad as some of u hv been going through but still...i need to put my mind to rest.
Thank u for listening..
scaredritz
Fibre Addict

Topics: 13

Re: do skin tags cause sharp pain

Postby healthybutt » 28 Apr 2017, 17:58

Where do you feel the pain?

Whenever I feel a sharp sting while passing, it is usually a minor fissure or irritation of a healing fissure, often not resulting in blood or itching or burning -- so this is probably a sign you are not completely healed (if you had a fissure recently)

My skin tag has never caused any pain, but it is small (a sentinel tag) and I generally feel like the pain is more internal than external...however sometimes it is hard to tell where the actual source of the pain is coming from! Other people on this site report pain from their skin tags, so of course that is a possibility. Maybe have a doc check it out if the pain doesnt subside soon?

Good luck and hope the stinging pain passes!
healthybutt
Salt Bather

Topics: 5

Re: do skin tags cause sharp pain

Postby scaredritz » 28 Apr 2017, 21:17

am not sure what i had recently but i m pretty sure it was a fissure as per the symptoms and the appearance of new skin tag. I think the pain is where this new tag is but again , very dificult to pin point. I hv been keeping my stools soft but one freak not so bad day.....and BAM...there it is again!! uggghhhhhhhhh
scaredritz
Fibre Addict

Topics: 13