Done with the surgery

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: Done with the surgery

Postby Guest » 26 Apr 2007, 10:11

Ok, I will call them after lunch. In the past I would go weeks but I am putting all this stuff in my system to help me so I am wondering what is going on, why it won't work?? I am just very uncomfortable, I will let you know what they say...Thanks Lecia you are a great friend and help!! No I haven't told anyone at work I am tooo embarrassed!

Postby Guest » 26 Apr 2007, 10:15

Anytime, Noelle. Let me know what they say! It may be things are just slowed way down due to the anesthesia but with your discomfort I think we need to know for sure.
Hang in there and chat with you soon,
Lecia

Postby Guest » 27 Apr 2007, 08:27

I called today and got a a live human. She told me the only thing left I can do is citrate magnesium---yuck!! That makes me throw up!!!! I am glad I took your advice though and checked before doing anything. I really wanted to stick an enema up there but the nurse said NO WAY!!!! She was really curt with me and told me not to play with this! I am not playing but I am not going to panic too much...Told me if that doesnt work go to ER! Im gonna give it a shot but that stuff makes me soooo sick! What can they do different for me if I go in anyway????

Postby Guest » 27 Apr 2007, 08:47

Yeah, I am glad you got a hold of someone too! That citrate magnesium is funky. I had to use that after childbirth and it was pretty hard to get down. Maybe you can chase it with something. I am glad it is Friday so maybe this will get straightened out this weekend for you and things will get moving again. Let us know how you are managing-maybe your sis can come by and check on you this weekend?
Good luck with everything!!!
Lecia

Postby Deleted User 5 » 27 Apr 2007, 08:53

My CRS finally told me to take a laxative AND use a fleets.
At this point, a laxative is needed. I had to do it. It burned but only for a few minutes.
How long has it been now?
Deleted User 5

Postby Guest » 27 Apr 2007, 10:13

Yeah Im gonna see how I am tomorrow, the ER I use is not a pleasant one! But I have been taking laxatives such as senna, and milk of magnesia..but she said no enemas! Well have a nice weekend all! I will get through this!

Postby Guest » 27 Apr 2007, 10:18

You will get through this but we worry about you! I wish we all lived closer! You should call your sister and let her know what is going on and if you have to go to the ER she needs to take you.
Let me know if you want to chat some more and how things are going with you!

Postby Guest » 27 Apr 2007, 10:28

Noelle,
I am praying for you to begin moving without the need for any other intervention. But if you need to go to the ER they can administer , perhaps ,some meds that we cannot get and should not use without direct supervision. But they CAN get you moving.
God Bless You and Help You!

Postby Guest » 27 Apr 2007, 16:02

Sending good thoughts your way Noelle, I'm so sorry you are having such a hard time with this... hopefully things will change in your favor this weekend!
Suzy

Postby Guest » 28 Apr 2007, 10:17

Ok..I am doing better I took that disgusting stuff!!! It made me really sick though-which I knew would happen. Kept me up all night and of course now I am somewhat sore. I knew this pain was too good to be true-but it is bearable. Now I have to work hard to keep things working properly! Those pics with the cats are wonderful!!!!! They made my day-I love cats! Im gonna work on a pic of me!