Done with the surgery

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Done with the surgery

Postby Guest » 20 Apr 2007, 06:36

Well finally I had the surgery yesterday. It seemed to go well, I haven't had any pain yet. Just feels kind of itchy. The worst part was having them put my IV in the hand ouch! But the spinal wasn't too bad-they numbed it up-just had some trouble with my anatomy. So they gave me those drugs that put you out-I didn't even see anything after a few minutes. Woke up fine and was ready to jump out of the bed and go home. Haven't really needed the narcotics. So good so far! After the surgeon told me it really wasn't that bad (the fissure), but he went ahead and fixed it anyway! Whatever that means. When I had the surgery my fissure wasn't as bad as it normally is-but oh well hopefully it's all gone for good!

Re: Done with the surgery

Postby Guest » 20 Apr 2007, 06:45

Yea Noelle:woohoo:! I am so glad the surgery is over for you! Are you staying with your sister now? That is awesome you feel so well. Just take it easy and don't rush anything!
Have you had to go to the bathroom yet? Are you doing some soaking in the tub yet? Have you started the Nanny Diaries?
So glad to hear everything went well! I am sure that is a big relief to have that behind you and healing can begin! Don't worry if you have some bumps in the road here and there-just keep on the right track with eating right and drinking your water!
Keep us informed on how you are doing?
Congratulations again!:yeehar:
Lecia

Postby Deleted User 5 » 20 Apr 2007, 07:25

Yes, Noelle, take heed of Lecia's advice and don't fall off the diet. I did right after my sugery and became constipated!
I'm happy you are doing so well! Yeah, I wonder what he meant by "fix" the fissure, too...(?)
If you can stay off the pain meds, do!
Kim
Deleted User 5

Postby Guest » 20 Apr 2007, 09:48

UuuRah, Noelle,
Hang in there Hope your recovery continues to go GREAT!!
God Bless!

Postby Guest » 20 Apr 2007, 11:57

Yay Noelle! I'm so glad it is over for you and the pain is probably less than expected!! Please keep us updated on what you are going through in recovery
Good luck to you, I hope you continue to feel better!
Suzy

Postby happyass » 21 Apr 2007, 15:49

congratulations noelle......
you are on your way to living fissure-free!
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Postby Guest » 21 Apr 2007, 16:27

Hi all...No I was able to go home and be alone after the first eight hours. I didn't get a chance to even start my book-they did my surgery and everything right on time. I am still well-my back is sore from the spinal block so I need pain meds for that. The area where they did the surgery isnt too bad just still itchy a little uncomfortable but not bad at all. He told me I can't take baths for a few days-is that true? I have been showering. The only thing I was hoping they would remove my skin tag-but he didn't so I guess I am stuck with that for life! Not the most attractive for a single gal like me lol ..Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

Postby Guest » 21 Apr 2007, 16:36

Hey Noelle,
I am not sure about the post-op instructions regarding bathing. I thought that it would be okay. I know after I had my hemorrhoid surgery they told me to soak my bottom right away in the tub several times a day. Maybe check on that-because that can help with pain, discomfort and itching!
I know what you mean about the skin tag. Mine is a sore spot for sure. My CRS wasn't eager to remove it so I didn't press the issue but if it doesn't heal up and stop hurting I might ask him again.
Gareth wrote something on my thread about my skin tag that was helpful to read about the purpose and not removing it so check that out as well.
My CRS told me to try Aloe Vera or Vitamin E oil and that will help it soften up and help with the scar tissue. I tried Aloe Vera yesterday and the pain felt much better. I bet you with time as your fissure heals the skin tag will shrink down a lot and you'll not notice it as much or at all. Mine has become much smaller but it is still a hard knot that hurts when anything touches it and after going to the bathroom. I can't even wear underwear because if it bunches at all I am in big trouble. Oh, the things we admit to on this board!
I am glad you are doing okay. I know it's not great but you will get there. How much time off do you have? Do you have food at home and everything you need? Is your sister able to check on you and make sure you are doing okay?
Check back in when you can and rest up!
Hugs,
Lecia

Postby Guest » 23 Apr 2007, 06:23

Going back to work today! Took it easy yesterday, very lucky still no pain-but no bm either. I am starting to worry he cut off my intestines or something! Oh well have a great week all!

Postby Guest » 23 Apr 2007, 06:27

Wow-you are amazing! Don't overdo it at work-go home early if you need to. I don't want you to have any setbacks by trying to do too much too soon, know what I mean?
Are you taking any stool softeners or fiber pills? Try to keep some H20 at your desk so you don't get dehydrated! Gosh, I sound like a mother hen don't I?
Hope your day goes well, Noelle!
Lecia