Done with the surgery

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: Done with the surgery

Postby Guest » 28 Apr 2007, 10:21

So it sounds like that yucky medicine did the trick? I am sure you are sore-try soaking and see if that helps. I bet your stomach feels better now though.
Can't wait to see a picture of you and your cat. How many cats do you have? I have three (they just showed up at my house) Penny, Terry, and Antonio. The other two won't let me pick them up though.

Postby Deleted User 5 » 28 Apr 2007, 10:40

Cats rock!
Deleted User 5

Postby Guest » 28 Apr 2007, 12:24

We have 5 cats too. All heve either just come to live wiht us or were born here. Chaser, a tortuiose(sp) shell tabby is 13, we found her abandoned on the side of the road in the woods 13 years ago; Boosh, a lack and white male who we also found with 3 otheer bros. and sisters about 8 or nine years ago abandoned in awooded area along side the road. ( We live about 30 miles from a large city and I think a lot of cats get dumped out here. Boosh just comes home every week or two so jI think he has somewhere else thst he lives as well. Tracy, a tabby cat who was born on our farm jto chaser. Mamma Kitty who was born here, and WildKitty who was also born here bkut will not let any one hold or pet her. They all live in one of our two barns and spen varying amounts of time on our front and back porch , and a little bitr of time in the house. We have no mouse problems!!
We have 4 dogs Buffy a golden retreiver-12, Buck a black Lab 9; Sadie a border collie 6 , and Miss Scout , a yellow lab 5 months.
We have 4 horses and one mule Dixie, Brandy, Biscuit, Sunday, and Dollar. Sunday was born here on a Sunday and we helped him come into this world. It was neat.
We also have 10 ducks and several that just come to visit.

Postby Guest » 28 Apr 2007, 12:56

Wow-you are so lucky! I would love to have land for that many animals! You must get a lot of enjoyment from them. I know I do from the cats and the birds that come to feed.
Were you raised on a farm? How is Sunday doing? I bet he is adorable. I love the little foals how they are so wobbly and knock-kneed and then day by day they turn into graceful creatures. Do you and your family ride?
You should post a picture sometime if you feel up to it! I would love to see the little horse or any of the animals or you can be brave like us and post your picture!!!

Postby Guest » 28 Apr 2007, 13:55

We ride a lot although naturally I haven't been on a horse or done much more than look at them since this thing came on on Mrch 28. I wasn't raised on a farm we lived on a town lot at the outskirts of town (kind of in the woods) closest neighbor was about 1/4 mile away. But most of my Mom's 8 brothers and sisters lived in or around the same town and two of them had working farms that I worked on a good bit as I was growing up.
It made me always dream of living on a farm. Ours where we live is small ( a hobby farm I guess one would call it) We love it and feel like we are going on vacation every night when we come home. Lots of deer, turkey, coyotes, foxes, owls. rabbits squirrels, groundhogs, wild ducks in the winter, weasels, minks, otters in the river and beavers as well. It is neat.
In spite of this ailment which is the bain of my existence I am otherwise EXTREMELY BLESSED By God In Heaven.
Aside from all those animals we have I am blessed with a WONDERFUL friend and partner who agreed to be my BRIDE almost 21 years ago, and two GREAT sons 15 and 17!
Sometimes I am ashamed about all the whining I am doing about this pain when I think of how good I have it and how much more so many others are suffering. Then the PAIN really cranks up and I forget about being ashamed Ha Ha!

Postby Guest » 28 Apr 2007, 13:57

Sunday is now almost 3 and a big baby. He is the favorite of the herd. He and Dollar our solid white mule are the same age and they play (aggressively) a lot. They remind me of two adolescent boys.

Postby Guest » 28 Apr 2007, 14:00

Your sons are very lucky to have the farm to grow up on. I am sure they have made such fond memories.
Don't be ashamed of whining. It's human. I think that is great that you are able to recognize that others are going through hard situations though. I know that helps me when I am feeling depressed about my own situation is to think about my blessings like you do.
Hopefully the advil has had time to kick in by now!

Postby Deleted User 5 » 28 Apr 2007, 14:06

No, you have a right to whine, with that many animals to take care of... :)
Just kidding, I love animals!!
You pain is real, and anyone on this board will attest to that. I think one reason Dr.s don't take us seriously is it is *so* non-life-threatening..
Deleted User 5

Postby Guest » 01 May 2007, 06:34

I used to have a cat, but I gave her to a friend because I moved to an apt. She is doing great though. She is part persian and siamese and domestic. A very pretty girl! I am doing pretty good still no real bm, and feeling a bit backed up and uncomfortable-but hanging in there. Hope to be normal soon. Stitches are out I think--not sure but I feel a hard lump? Im sure that is normal! Hope all is well with everyone else who had surgery!

Postby Deleted User 5 » 01 May 2007, 10:35

Hey Noelle!,
The hard lump should be normal. I had one (my felt more like a leathery pad) and others have also had it. Relax about that.
Deleted User 5