Dry stools

Discuss changes in diet that have helped you manage your fissure, or any supplements or medications/creams that have been effective.

Return to Diet Tips / Supplements

Re: Dry stools

Postby Guest » 25 Nov 2008, 07:34

Check a health food store. It should be with the other omega oils!

Postby pinky » 25 Nov 2008, 09:07

I cudnt find the flaxseed oil today as well.they had omega3 and cod liver but no flaxoil.i even asked a member of staff and she said they didnt have it.ill have to go and find in a health store as u suggest lecia but i cant go today.i did get magnesium oxide 300mg.when shall i take it and is it ok to try 300mg?
morning Bm was dry again and it hurt and hubby had to clean the poop stuck to the wound as it wudnt come off with the shower.2nd bm was soft and loose.something's causing these and i dont know wat.
pinky
Fissureologist

Topics: 6

Postby Guest » 25 Nov 2008, 11:10

Yes, try the 300 mg mag tonight and see how you do tomorrow. That is odd that it is so dry like that. I think cod liver or other omega 3 oil would help too though. I can get you flax oil from the US as well.

Postby pinky » 25 Nov 2008, 16:26

Oh Tabby,thank you so much.very sweet of you to post the link.but they say it takes 48hrs to dispatch and 10-14 days for delivery during busy periods.there is a holland and baret in the town center,i will get it myself on thursday.do u take magnesium as well?
Lecia-Very kind of you.its available here so i wont bother you.even i dont understand why its dry.its alternating between that dry stool and loose stool.sometimes i wonder if i have ibs but i have no other symptoms.first bm was dry and it was stuck.im anxious how its gonna be tomorrow.
pinky
Fissureologist

Postby pinky » 25 Nov 2008, 16:27

you look good as always in the pic but id love to see you smile
pinky
Fissureologist

Postby happyass » 25 Nov 2008, 16:39

pinky, i would try to relax and de-stress. i would think maybe your anxiety is causing changes in the consistency of your bm's.
how about some chammomile (spelling) tea or some peppermint tea. those can have soothing effects on the body and hopefully tummy.
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Postby Corsi » 26 Nov 2008, 03:10

I agree with Happy here. When I am stressed things come out formed and are difficult to get out the next day.
Not easy to destress Pinky, but try. I guess you have a lot on your mind now... Image
When I went on a holiday with fissure last summer I had to change things in my head. Instead of thinking of all the bad things that could happen to me and my lovely fissure companion, I thought: "It will no kill me, I know what this is and I know how to pamper it if it gets really bad (= rest, fissurefood, water, etc...)".
Tell your family that when you get there, you need a lot of rest the first days to recover and that they need to help you with your son...
Good luck Pinky.
Corsica
Corsi
King Fissure

Topics: 18

Postby Guest » 26 Nov 2008, 04:04

You are welcome Pinky !
10-14 days delivery !!! Ock :roll: There shold be a holland and barrett close to you , maybe give them a phone to locate a store near to you !
I take mag citrate 150mg !
Glad you are feeling a little better Image

Postby cherylk » 26 Nov 2008, 06:53

No doubt about it that stress can adversely affect the bowels!!!
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46