Dry stools

Discuss changes in diet that have helped you manage your fissure, or any supplements or medications/creams that have been effective.

Return to Diet Tips / Supplements

Re: Dry stools

Postby pinky » 26 Nov 2008, 17:28

Had 3 bms this morning.first one was formed and soft and the next 2 loose and mushy.felt uncomfortable but not much pain throughout the day.felt good,just mild soreness.i even drove for almost an hr to pick up my sis.but my bum did ache as im not used to sitting at all.i then remembered kim's advice to practice sitting before the trip.great idea kim.
have mild cramps and a headache.
my hubby's taking his clinical exam tomorrow.please pray for him.he's worked very hard but these membership exams are very difficult to pass,need more luck than just hardwork.
wondering how tomorrow's bms will be.
thanks everyone.ill try not to stress,but u all know how difficult it is
pinky
Fissureologist

Topics: 6

Postby Fissulyna » 26 Nov 2008, 18:17

I read many times and heard from doctors that guts are our "second brain" . I wonder what anus "represents" Image and I am pretty sure that guys have a "third brain" too Image
Pinky - Image - hope all will settle down pretty soon and that you will be able to travel with no problems. My poop tends to get loose if I am too stressed. I got loose poop before I even started my colonoscopy prep Image. I ended up going 4 times even before I started Golitely thing !!!
So, yes, our emotions have tremendous impact on our GI - that is why we call those feelings like "butterflies in my stomach", or ask " do you have guts" to do it !
PS:Alterations in Intestinal Serotonin in Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Dyspepsia
ROCHESTER, MN, May 21, 2007-- Serotonin is a neurotransmitter that helps regulate intestinal functions. Mayo Clinic researchers set out to determine the role of serotonin in patients with IBS and dyspepsia. The study involved 48 females -- including individuals with IBS, individuals with dyspepsia, individuals with both IBS and dyspepsia, and healthy volunteers. Biopsies were obtained from the stomach and intestines of each patient and serotonin levels were measured. Researchers found that patients with dyspepsia had low levels of a serotonin reuptake transporter in their stomachs and high levels of a molecule that synthesizes serotonin in the small intestine.
"The results support the concept that functional disorders may be associated with altered serotonin signaling in different regions of the gut. If the data can be validated, it suggests it may someday be possible to make a diagnosis of functional disease by taking a biopsy," says Amy Foxx-Orenstein, D.O., a Mayo Clinic gastroenterologist and lead author of this study. "Mucosal markers for functional disorders might lead to earlier diagnosis and treatment, but further studies are needed."
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby cherylk » 26 Nov 2008, 18:45

That is really interesting about serotonin and dyspepsia and IBS!!
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby Jo » 26 Nov 2008, 19:44

Dear Pinky,
You and your husband will be in my prayers.
Hope his test goes well. Image
Take care,
Jo
Jo
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 5

Postby Guest » 27 Nov 2008, 06:48

Fissulyna wrote:I read many times and heard from doctors that guts are our "second brain" . I wonder what anus "represents" Image and I am pretty sure that guys have a "third brain" too Image

Very intresting findings !
Good luck today Mr Pinky !!! Image

Postby Corsi » 28 Nov 2008, 04:11

pinky wrote: ill try not to stress,but u all know how difficult it is

Spot on Image
Take care Pinky Image
Bloody Mary
Corsi
King Fissure

Topics: 18

Postby Deleted User 5 » 28 Nov 2008, 07:21

Hope you get that "sitting" practice in, Pinky, and I will be praying your hubby does well in his exams! Let us know! :D
Deleted User 5

Postby pinky » 28 Nov 2008, 19:42

Image Jo,Corsi,Tabby and Kim.my poops are soft now after starting magnesium.dont know why i didnt start it earlier.i got the flaxseed oil from holland and baret yesterday but havent used it yet as my poops are very soft now.ill wait for a while and take it during pms.

Kim-You are so right about the sitting practice.i drove for an hr to pick up my sis daybefore yest and my butt muscles were numb after sitting.then i remembered you and felt how much it made sense to practice sitting as i havent sat for so long.
im sitting everyday for sometime.hope ill be able to sit without pain soon.

Thanks for your prayers.
pinky
Fissureologist

Topics: 6

Postby Fissulyna » 28 Nov 2008, 20:47

Great news Pinky Image !!! I hope that today's terrorist attack in India will not hinder your trip Image
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby Guest » 29 Nov 2008, 12:54

I have been watching the news too Image
I am sooo happy the mag is working Pinky Image