Dry stools

Discuss changes in diet that have helped you manage your fissure, or any supplements or medications/creams that have been effective.

Return to Diet Tips / Supplements

Dry stools

Postby pinky » 24 Nov 2008, 05:47

Im passing dry stools since yesterday.It was hard and dry which was painful and not easy to come out.today its soft but dry and doesnt come out easily.I drink 5-6litres of water a day and no alcohol or caffeine.i eat lots of veggies and fruits.i take movicol each night and omega3 caps once in the morning along with vitc and zinc supplements.i dont understand what im doing wrong and how to correct it.can anyone please suggest what i should do?
pinky
Fissureologist

Topics: 6

Re: Dry stools

Postby Guest » 24 Nov 2008, 07:00

Hi Pinky
Did you try the oil that Lecia mentioned?
Have you been eating dairy ? I know this causes slow moving train for me Image
Hard and dry stools are the symptoms of constipation - Could you take some extra movicol just for a day or two ? The oil would help too !
I am sure you are doing everything right Pinky, I read on your other thread you have had some pain Image
How do things feel today ?

Postby happyass » 24 Nov 2008, 07:07

pinky, are you experiencing any stress in particular from other things?
i know that i am sensitive like that that it at times affects my bms in this way.
it sounds like you are doing all the right things so unless if you have done anything different in the days before the change in texture, then perhaps it could be stress or have you been less physically active - that too has an effect on how easy or not the bms come out.
another good thing to do would be to drink warmer/hotter fluids like decaf tea or some hot water with honey and lemon.
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Postby happyass » 24 Nov 2008, 07:08

ps tabby, just love that avatar!!!!!! it's kitty power!!!!! love it :cat02: Image Image
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Postby pinky » 24 Nov 2008, 07:37

Tabby-I dont eat dairy foods except a bit of youghurt and its been fine.i havent been eating yoghurt the last few days except day before yesterday.i dont want to take movicol as it makes me go 6-7 times a day and i spend all my time running to the loo.is it the fish oil which Lecia recommended?ill try it tonight and see if it'll help.
Happy-im not very active physically,i run around looking after my son and walk in the supermarkets for about 30mins.maybe im stressed out and havent realised it.i drink warm water everyday but no tea or coffee.
pinky
Fissureologist

Postby Guest » 24 Nov 2008, 07:37

Thanks Happy ! I hope you and your fur babes are well and happy :cat02:
I wanted to ask the about any stressful events too.....Pinky i know you mind must be on overdrive wondering if you will be well enough to travel !
Stress effects our digestive system more than we know...Take some time to chill Pinky Image

Postby Guest » 24 Nov 2008, 07:39

I think it was the flax oil ??

Postby Guest » 24 Nov 2008, 07:49

Yes flax seed oil. Try a spoonful in the am and pm. It really helps. If you dont have any you can up your fish oil too. One capsule doesn't do squat for me.

Postby pinky » 24 Nov 2008, 15:25

I couldnt find the flaxseed oil today.tried 2 supermarkets and they had MOM,benefibre and others.had to rush back home as i was waiting for the gp to call me for a blood test.im getting my thyroid levels checked as well to make sure they are still normal as i cant explain the dry stools.ill look for the flaxseed oil tomorrow
pinky
Fissureologist

Postby Guest » 25 Nov 2008, 06:02

Good idea Pinky ....Hope you feel a little better today sweetheart Image