Ended up at emergency today

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Ended up at emergency today

Postby hurtinend » 14 Aug 2015, 17:58

Pain and spasm was so bad, I couldn't pee, how embarrassing. Can't explain it, such intense spasm up me I could not push urine. I was fast tracked through emergency and catheterized.

I begged them to take out my colon and give me a bag.

They sent me away with dilaudid (some type of morphine), an anti spasmodic, and that was it, since I already have the nitro and diltiazem. Told me to take Metamucil.

The er doc said he thinks it's a fissure. Okay yes it is I told him I am on the wait list for colonoscopy. I pleaded for a fast track of some kind....no luck.

Take care all, if I return the board it will be to provide some answers for all.

Thank you to this board I wish you all healing.
hurtinend
King Fissure

Topics: 52

Re: Ended up at emergency today

Postby salamon555 » 14 Aug 2015, 21:41

I feel your pain and yes the ER just give you what you already have and they charge you an arm and a leg to boot , I still remember when I went to ER the Dr stuck his finger in my rear and that was it horror of pain , i'm sorry you are in so much pain but not to scare you I just had my colonoscopy last Tuesday and was a big regret after having some improvement . because my fissure got worse and put me in agony , but if you think it is beneficial for you go a head do it . make sure to take lots of sitz bath and drink lots of fluid . I pray for you
salamon555
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 7

Postby hurtinend » 14 Aug 2015, 21:59

I have to make sure it's not cancer, I'm sure it's not but....

Anyways not sure it matters anymore, I'm about done.
hurtinend
King Fissure

Postby salamon555 » 14 Aug 2015, 22:09

I had the same concerns.I wanted to make sure it wasn't something worse,as I had discovered 3 lumps.Thank God it wasn't. I know people that would put this off,and then turn around and get it checked after a long period of time,only to find out it is something bad,that could have been caught early.Sometimes we have to take the good things with the bad.I honestly feel your pain,as I have had it before and right now have it.We have to just hang in there and do what we can for the pain.I stay on here and read the articles and advise of the other members;this helps me sometimes to vent.Sometimes I just scream,it hurts so bad.Hang in there buddy.I am keeping good thoughts and prayers going your way.
salamon555
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby hurtinend » 14 Aug 2015, 22:22

Thank you my friend

I have been told by many close to me to worry and focus on my health ,not work.....but I worry about my future my finances. Cannot work in my current state. I have always made good money, now I wonder if I can earn money anymore.

This is crazy
hurtinend
King Fissure

Postby salamon555 » 14 Aug 2015, 22:45

that s really insane , we are asking only to survive and to be out of the pain , how lucky we are ?? I know that I have little or no patience for this fissure and for all of this horrible pain!but in order to pass this misery, we have to battle through this and use whatever resources,or knowledge that we have on hand.Unfortunately,this is an expensive ailment!We have to take not one day at a time,but one minute at a time when we are in pain.Sending you good thoughts your way.
salamon555
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby hurtinend » 14 Aug 2015, 22:54

Biggest issue...I cannot sit not for more than a few minutes at a time. So insane it's like an alien head attached itself to my nerve endings. It pokes it's head out when I sit, wow, serious pain. Was sitting in the passenger seat of my friends car yesterday, he took a corner a bit fast....ouch, pulling pain, say what?

Seriously? No I don't think I'm crazy, am I?

Sorry, venting again. Did find today that muscle relaxer methocarbamol helps a bit, but not to be taken regularly.
hurtinend
King Fissure

Postby salamon555 » 14 Aug 2015, 23:55

believe me i have been laying in my bed all these 4 days; except for using the bathroom or looking in the kitchen to put something in my stomach, however in order to heal the fissure we need to be little active.i feel i'm limited and helpless, I can not imagine myself stuck in the bed after being a very healthy outgoing man.I have never felt this way in my life.Friends and family use to be amazed at what i had been doing; hard work , sports,volunteering for any job a neighbor might need help with,almost anything.I am a very active human being,but suddenly I have become like a dead body who has been eaten by all kinds of insects . Sometimes i get to the point where I feel that I'm worthless ;a small darn cut in my rear put an end to my path.I wish if I could close my eyes and open them again to find that this is just a dream .
salamon555
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby msimon » 15 Aug 2015, 02:55

Just wanted to say...hang in there you two. There is hope. This forum if full of it. Cling to it for it is all we have in these tough times. And we all understand. This pain is indeed very real!
Dec '13 Fissure from anoscope
3 X internal sphincter botox
'08-'15 Botox for pelvic floor dysfunction
Nov '14 LIS/sentinel tag removal
Feb '15 Deroofing of recurrent infection from LIS
summer '15-healed but still ongoing muscle dysfunction/pain
msimon

Topics: 64

Postby Jsingh » 15 Aug 2015, 12:28

Having been a long time sufferer of this problem my advice would be not to spend time and money going to the emergency room.....they cannot help you in any way except for pain medications......getting the colonoscopy at this stage will not address the acute issue. I would just make an appointment with a crs,have an examination under anesthesia and let them see the fissure.Once they make sure it is a fissure then they can go ahead with the surgery.I believe that all these creams and diet are only partially helpful and never really give a full cure. Wish you all good luck
Jsingh
Salt Bather

Topics: 4