Evening primrose oil

Discuss changes in diet that have helped you manage your fissure, or any supplements or medications/creams that have been effective.

Return to Diet Tips / Supplements

Re: Evening primrose oil

Postby Guest » 03 Jul 2008, 03:49

Hi Jen
Last setabck was 17 weeks ago to be precise ! before this was when the consultant examined me in November !
Hence why I am nervous about the next exam ! GULP !
I have been taking the primrose since March :)
So glad you are going to try it !
Goodluck
x

Postby Guest » 03 Jul 2008, 03:54

Jen ,
Just a thought !
I have pulled this thread up for you as Buttgirl uses a higher dose !
Hope it helps Image

http://anal-fissure.org/diet-tips-supplements-f3/ladies-things-t1184.htm

Postby Jen » 03 Jul 2008, 07:31

Thanks Tabby!!!
That is so great that you have been healing! Its also so encouraging to me.
Are you still having the pinching feeling? I used to have it all the time, but I can't even remeber the last time I felt it honestly - a good sign I hope!
Jen
King Fissure

Topics: 39

Postby Guest » 03 Jul 2008, 12:22

You are welcome...
I have been experimenting with fibre lately which has slightly aggravated the area ! that and having a mild stomach bug ! :pale:
I am glad to be without setabck !
I have been feeling the pinch this week Image
I am glad you are doing well Jen Image

Postby Fissulyna » 03 Jul 2008, 12:38

I had a pinch last night Image Image - I just can not believe it ???? I mean- nothing really to sweat about , but com on Image !!!!!! This time around there was absolutely NOTHING going on regarding poop consistency or food, or me carrying anything heavy , or being around the period - except
that I felt so well for the past couple of days that I stopped using my "compound" cream !!!!! Having a butt sucks !!!!!!
Sorry for the "rumble" - I am just soooo mad and disappointed this morning - oh well ... Hope that you all don't have any pinching today Image
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby Guest » 03 Jul 2008, 15:01

Darn that pinching!  Do you think the cream will help you get back on track?I am so sorry you guys.  Try to take it easy and trust that tomorrow will be better.

Postby Fissulyna » 03 Jul 2008, 18:08

Ohhhhhh (sigh) : (, I don't know baby-Lecia (sniffle), I surely am back on it and am now using Colace to be on the safe side. I finally took the mirror 10 min ago to see what is going on - tag is little bit enlarged but there is again little bump on the 9 o'clock that looks more like hemmie to me Image - again
I think that it swells and than puts extra pressure on the are and voila Image . The only "heavy" stuff that I was carrying was a bucket of water - now if that is the culprit than I can conceder myself disabled Image - what a heck !!!! I only know that I am not going to make any app. - I had enough of those for a lifetime. I will take it easy for couple of days and use my creams and keep it soft until it goes away again - it is just so maddening that it ALWAYS comes back and ALWAYS as soon as I relax and think that it is going to be all right from now on - yeah right Image !!!!
Buddy Image ,I hope that your bumm-bumm is behaving today and that you will be soon home and be able to take a nice long soak and relax :bathtub: Image
Fissulyna
VIP

Postby Guest » 03 Jul 2008, 18:17

I think my last hemorrhoid I got was from picking up a bottle of bleach.  That is just crazy-we have to be able to live moderately normal lives here!  I am sorry you got another bum tissue explosion.  I did an inspection the other day at mine and it still looks so marred.  I wasn't going to look wthout my husband bein home because I didnt want to freak out by myself but it kept hurting and hurting.  I think I am going to be a lifetime user of stool softeners.  Whenver I back off things get worse.  How long has it been since your last setback-was that about 3 weeks ago or so?I am sorry.  It is maddening.  Here is an interesting story.  I went to the UPS store today to ship my computer to Colorado.  I asked a man next to me if he could put my computer on the counter for me because i had surgery.  After he left, the lady at teh counter asked me what kind of surgery I had.  I told her colorectal surgery and that most people dont want to know.  She said she is getting a hemorrhoidectomy and when I told her that I had had that done she started tearing up and I started getting misty too.  She was just so relieved to meet someone who could understand her pain.  Poor lady has been suffering for a long time and said she couldn't tell anyone at work or at home that her butt was hurting.  Talk about fate to run into her.  I didnt tell her tht my surgery wasnt a success but I did encourage her that with all the pain she has been through she can handle the surgery.  So, who knows how many people are sufferin.  

Postby Fissulyna » 03 Jul 2008, 18:39

You seee : ((( !!!! Than it is very well possible that my bucket was a culprit - damn it !!!!!! I am now so mad that I would perform hemmorrhoidectomy myself !!!!!!!!!!!! And the fact that my CRS is probably the culprit of it all is driving me nuts - I could strangle him if he was to be in the same room with me here ( sorry Kim for my violent temper today, but ...whatever...)
It is very interesting story buddy : (, yes, who knows how many of us are suffering in silence and for years and nobody gives a damn : (((.
Be careful, baby, try to do as less as possible - you really need a break and I wish for you to have some rest and fun time in CO !
XOXO
Fissulyna
VIP

Postby Guest » 03 Jul 2008, 18:57

Yeah, those doctors can cause as many problems as they try to solve. The last time I had a thrombosed hem my doctor was on vacation and I had to see a different doctor. He injected the lidocaine which caused a hematoma and then proceeded to pack my anus with a fistful of gauze. Then couldn't figure out why I was screamin and crying. I need serious prayer cover when I go. I tried calling Wae Forest 3 times to get my results but no one got back to me. Guess if something serious were going on they would have contacted me but I don't like being left to figure things out myself.
Yeah, be careful lifting heavy things!
Did you check you pm's? I sent something to you and last time I checked it hadn't been taken?