Evening primrose oil

Discuss changes in diet that have helped you manage your fissure, or any supplements or medications/creams that have been effective.

Return to Diet Tips / Supplements

Re: Evening primrose oil

Postby Fissulyna » 03 Jul 2008, 22:46

I will go and see my PM right now !!!! Strange - usually PM "blinks" to tell me I'v got mail ! See you there XOXO
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby Guest » 04 Jul 2008, 03:40

Hey Fiss
You rant on ! I am so sorry this keeps happening Image
Will you have this checked out to see what is going on?
It sucks I know, I feel your frustration I do,
Its crazy we cannot lift a bucket move a sofa or even have a morning cuddle without having that reminder :flush:
I think I have an issue with an internal hemmie/polyp as my near setback seemed to caused pressure inside where the lump is, either way this thing has to go, the fissure pain is becoming a distant memory, so i hope this is what the problem is ! Image
Lecia , I do hope you have the results soon
xx

Postby Jen » 04 Jul 2008, 09:53

I am so sorry your all feeling the pinch! Geez - when does the madness stop? I feel your pain about not living a normal life and picking up bleach or whatever - I always get nervous when I have to pick up my 23 pound son!!
I also looked in the mirror yesterday. I don't know why I even bother looking down there. I always find something to get me worked up. I noticed a bluish/silverish/whitish line that appears to look like a scar. It does not hurt, but it just looks funny. I have had this for a long time (ever since this fissure crap started) - does anyone know what this is? Could it be an external hemmie? Does anyone else have a scar that looks like that? I am sure my CRS has seen it, he has looked at my bum a million times, and I am not making an appointment just for this.
Anyways, despit my awsome healing lately, I let myself get down about my fissure yesterday - whay can't things be like they used to - I don't want to worry about my butt all the time.
Jen
King Fissure

Topics: 39

Postby Fissulyna » 04 Jul 2008, 16:22

I know buddy - it is a drag : (. Just this morning I couldn't help but cry first thing when I opened my eyes since it is a holiday and I have to dread going to the bathroom even though it is just a pinch it drives me nuts !!!! W_H_Y it is not going away and forever. I thought - only 5 % of fissures become chronic, and only 1 % of them is not helped by LIS so I am kind one in 5,000 that still has a problem Image Image . My problem is so much smaller than before the LIS , but as you said - I just refuse to accept this idiotic condition as a part of my life forever !!!!!
I don't know what silverfish line could be : (, is it along the skin tag ?
Fissulyna
VIP

Postby val » 05 Jul 2008, 09:21

oh, Fissy, nooooo!
Give your butt back its compound cream quickly!
Hope you feel better today!
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby Jen » 05 Jul 2008, 12:54

Fiss - How are you feeling today? Is it any better? Have you thought about starting to use nitro again or botox? Maybe your recurring fissure has something to do with the sking tag. Maybe the skin tag is being pushed on by BM's and causing a tare to form at the base of it.
My weird scar thing looks like it is where my fissure used to be. I really don't have a skin tag anymore. I just have loose skin around my anus from where all the hemmies used to be.
I am not feeling the pinch today, but I have been having a tickeling/itching feeling at times - kind of like the pinch but not as severe. I think this may be due to the fact that I started using my nitro 3 times a day instead of 2.
Jen
King Fissure

Topics: 39

Postby Fissulyna » 05 Jul 2008, 13:57

Hi buddies Image , thank you so much for your concern :sprinkleheart:
Pinch went away finally - I am back on my compounding cream and herbal suppositories that my MIL sent from Europe. I also put some Nef. cream on the tip of suppository so I get some of the cream inside. I have burning now in the anus after BM, but I think it is because I started to use so much supplements again that maybe that with combo of frequent BMs is causing my poop to be acidic and it irritates mucosa- I don't know- WHO could know what butt has in mind LOL - it is the last frontier of this world to be explored!
I also take Colace now -and Metamucil , of course, I have to keep all very soft now.
Jen- I am so sick of doctors that I will try to heal this on my own - only if it gets worse or very painful I will go to them again. Last time they had nothing new to offer for me - one just went along with my idea, the other said that I will heal and do not need to come again - so...
Do you think that silver line could be just a scar tissue since it is in place where fissure used to be? I asked about the tag since Val and some other members had whitish line on their tag and that was indication of the infection, but I don't think it can be case with you since you have no pain !
Please don't worry now, you have excellent CRS- he would know !!!
Val- I hope that your pain is gone and that you are ready for your weekend "escape" - I thought buddy that you already went away Image !!! ?
LOVE TO ALL
Fissulyna
VIP

Postby cherylk » 05 Jul 2008, 15:51

Gals,
Just read this thread--I hope that you are all doing better now!!
Fiss and any others on Metamucil,
Do you think it makes the BM's softer or firmer, or it is just an individual thing (varies person by person). We are all learning so much from each other; we could probably do as well as some of the docs except we aren't trained officially in meds or surgeries!
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby Fissulyna » 05 Jul 2008, 23:37

For me it makes it softer. But, interestingly enough, in the case I have loose poop and drink extra Metamucil it will make it less lose- it looks like it can help with both issues, at least in my case Image .
Hope it helps !!!
Fissulyna
VIP

Postby Guest » 06 Jul 2008, 03:59

Herbal suppositories...Tell me more Fiss Image
Glad you girls are doing OK now..Swings and roundabouts !Image
I dont know what is going on this end, The amount of near misses i have had since playing around with fibre and trying to reduce my movicol...BIG MISTAKE Image
Someone take me to chillsville Image
I hope you are doing ok Val, any word on your appointment for the hosptital?