fissures and work

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

fissures and work

Postby juney » 09 Oct 2007, 11:17

i'm just curious what kind of occupations people on the board have, and how do you deal with your fissure around your work schedule? how does everyone find time for their baths, cleaning, etc?
i work 8 hours a day, M-F, as an administrative assistant. since i just had surgery and am going to work next week it's gonna be hard to figure out a good schedule to help the healing while sitting on my butt all day, nowhere near a bathtub.
so how does everyone else manage a career with a fissure?
juney
King Fissure

Topics: 36

Re: fissures and work

Postby Guest » 09 Oct 2007, 13:48

I work part time while my kids are in school. its awfull cuz i sit at a stool and stare into a microscope for 6 hours. I work in a microbiology lab. For a few days I had to call out sick after going to the bathroom in the morning. Now with the the Nitro cream i'm better but i still have to get up from my desk and walk around every 15 mins or so. I've told co-workers i'm having stomach issues.

Postby Guest » 09 Oct 2007, 16:17

I was wondering the same thing. I may have to bring in my seat cushion and endure the ribbing.

Postby Guest » 10 Oct 2007, 17:05

Juney,
I work for a ENT doctor. I work Monday thru Friday 8-5. After I used all my vacation and sick time I started to call in with no pay. I eventually told my boss and everyone else in the office. I even took a week off after my Botox shot. I am fortunate to be living at home at this time but my funds were very low. I figured that my health is more important so if I missed work, oh well. My boss was understanding and let me take the time I needed. I get up and walk around the office alot and we have cushy seats. It was hard at first but I got my self on a routine now where I have my BM in the morning and I am usully good for the rest of the day.
Patty

Postby happyass » 11 Oct 2007, 08:01

i am a meeting planner and basically most of the time am sitting at a desk hooked up to a computer and phone. for about 2.5 weeks, i travel for work during the year.
i suggest when sitting, you either sit on one leg and then switch. make it comfy so that you are not directly sitting on your bum and let it feel as if it is floating on air.
you could get a seat cushion or simply a big cushion for your chair to disguise that you really need the seat cushion.
also, get up every 15-20 minutes to take a little walk around your office to help blood circulation.
you may want to set up your computer high where you can stand while using it.
have plenty of moist wipes at your desk and use them when you need to go to the bathroom.
on very irritating days for me, i try to use VICKS to sleep the irritation away and it really does help me. it makes coming to work bearable mostly but sometimes i am just too wiped out to even bother coming in.
if you can, lay on your back on the floor to give your body a break. also, laying on the floor with legs completely elevated and straight against the wall, like if your body was in an L shape and your buttocks through your feet are parallel and glued to the wall, doing that for 10-15 minutes is very restorative.
good luck coming back to work!
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74